Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

theperfectbass.com/

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by odie, Nov 26, 2003.

1. odie

odie Supporting Member

Anyone know anything about this place??

I see the advertise here at TB. But I never have heard of them.

www.theperfectbass.com/

2. odie

odie Supporting Member

anyone???:confused:

3. Looks like a new dealer that sells Roscoes, MTDs and Modulus basses only...probably get all the really high quality ones. Seems interesting...

4. odie

odie Supporting Member

5. Matt R Miller

Matt R Miller

Apr 27, 2003
    Wisconsin
    ok its a store that sells 3 kinds of basses. what more do you need to know?

6. odie

odie Supporting Member

Thanx for pointing out the obvious.

Would like to know the history of it. Are they dependable, crooks, fair....things like that.:rolleyes:

7. I dunno if anyone can really give an answer - They seem pretty new - But then again, you never know!

8. Fuzzbass

Fuzzbass P5 with overdrive Supporting Member

I'm put off by the fact that photos are only available for two items. Well, looks like just 2 items, a Roscoe and an MTD. They list a bunch of Modulus Quantums... *three* in black cherry?? I'd like to see those too.

9. RAM

RAM

May 10, 2000
    Chicago, IL
    One thing I thought was peculiar was they don't sell ANY amps!:confused:

10. Bruce Lindfield

Bruce Lindfield Unprofessional TalkBass Contributor Gold Supporting Member

Well...then it would have to be :

"www.theperfectamp.com"

11. j_sun23

j_sun23

Feb 24, 2003
    Baton Rouge LA
    Holy shiiiite. They're probably 10 mins from here. But now that I look at the site, I'm not sure they have a physical retail store. Man that would be freaking cool if they did. The nearest place that carries any variety in stock over bargain bin peaveys and fenders is 70 miles away in New Orleans. Wow, how awesome for me if they are a real boutique bass store 10 mins from my house. If they do have a store, I'll post once I get to check it out.

12. Watch out for the 3% fee for credit cards. That's just stupid, and I'm sure that the credit card companies would just love to see that!!

13. bill h

bill h

Aug 31, 2002
    small town MN
    How about you send them a link to this tread, and let them speak for themselves?

14. j-raj

j-raj Bassist: Educator/Soloist/Performer Staff Member Supporting Member

Jan 14, 2003
    Atlanta, GA!
    Sounds like a 'By-appt-only' boutique-style bass dealer. Maybe with future plans to grow it into a 'retail store-front' Shop.

I wish the best of luck to James!

BTW Russ Wheeler, Depending on the merchant agreement that you have with a credit card companies (or CC processing service) that you deal with, you may pass the 'nominal' fee on to the customer for CC usage. Have you ever been to a liquor store or a dollar store that says they have a minimum on a CC purchase? Their agreement might mean that they don't have the volume of "CC" sales to warrant paying for additional merchant services. Many of those services that would/would not incurr 'per-sales' merchant fees, or % fees.

15. Hello everyone! I thought it'd be a good time to jump in and give you some info:

We are an Internet only shop for the time being, but plan on opening up a retail location in 2004. We do have an office and will do demos for locals in Louisiana by appointment so please call or email if you'd like to come by!

We are working on amps and cabs now. It's looking like Accugroove, Epifani and Phil Jones might be our cabs, but I would welcome any comments you have on them.

Amp selection is still up in the air, so again, any suggestions are welcome.

If you're interested in why we have a convenience fee, please call and I'll explain it for you. But...we haven't had any complaints about our pricing. So I believe we are fair in pricing.

I hope this helps a bit, I have to run, but I'll try to get back later tonight to answer any other questions.

Take care and please email or call if you have any questions!

James

16. A couple things I didn't have time to say earlier:

You should see pics of most of the basses at the site www.theperfectbass.com. If you are missing some links it might be a connection or browser issue as we haven't had any flame about broken links.

We have been in business for almost 2 years now, and now I'm trying to get the word out by supporting TB.

Also, our hours are from 7am-7pm CST and our number is on the site!

Thanks T-raj and bill h! and Spreck76!

James

17. odie

odie Supporting Member

your link didnt work

18. Spreck76

Spreck76 Supporting Member

Dec 4, 2003
    Louisiana
    I bought a bass from them a little over a year ago. It was a Roscoe fretless 5 string. Has a beautiful figured top. If you go to their gallery it's the first 6 pictures. The thing plays like a dream and sounds amazing. James worked with me to find a good combination of woods and options that I wanted. Very good prices.

I bought a Modulus Quantumn 5 about 4 years ago from a store in New Mexico. When I got the bass I needed to set it up in order to make it feel like a high end bass should be. Never had to do that on my Roscoe, played great right out of the case. I like it when the salesmen pay attention to details like that and ensure everything is taken care of for you.

I know that when I buy my fretted Roscoe I will be a repeat customer. :)

Don

19. Fuzzbass

Fuzzbass P5 with overdrive Supporting Member

Cool, thanks for the response. I stand corrected: many of the basses on your "in stock" page do have actual photos. I was mainly looking at the gallery... that's because the images of the three black cherry Quanta are identical, so I assumed all the images on the in stock page were generic and not specific.

20. We're in the process of sprucing up some of the graphics on www.theperfectbass.com so if you get a chance please check it over the next few days and give me some feedback!

Thanks,
    James

PS
    We'll be having a really cool promotion for 2004 also. I'll post it on TB when we launch the campaign, but from one player to another...I personally guarantee that you will want to check it out!!