1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Therapy Dog Of Wounded Vet Murdered By Scum

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by bassrique, Apr 9, 2009.

1. bassrique

bassrique

Nov 27, 2007
    Florida
    Here's the veteran:

The Sole Survivor
    A Navy Seal, Injured and Alone, Was Saved By Afghans' Embrace and Comrades' Valor

Here's the book:

http://www.amazon.com/Lone-Survivor-Eyewitness-Account-Operation/dp/0316067598

And here's what happened to the his dog :scowl: :

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/front/6365427.html

Myspace of two of the four:

http://www.myspace.com/84175786

http://www.myspace.com/paolalizett

2. NJL

NJL

Apr 12, 2002
    San Antonio
    talk about real life chicken #### pussies

3. Marlat

Marlat

Sep 17, 2002
    London UK
    I've read that book, it's a good read, but whoever ghost wrote it for him didn't do Mr Luttrell any favours in terms of the way he is portrayed. Still, I'd recommend reading the book if you are into such things.

4. bassrique

bassrique

Nov 27, 2007
    Florida
    What do you mean? How do you think he was portrayed?

5. Webtroll

Webtroll Rolling for initiative

Apr 23, 2006
    Austin, TX
    +1

6. Marlat

Marlat

Sep 17, 2002
    London UK
    "Full of himself" (in an unecessary way) was my thought when reading the book (particuarly the first part of the book). I've read lots of similar books and this was the first one where I felt very little empathy for the author (however I understand its a ghost written book). However the story itself is worth it even if its not well written.

7. WalWarrior

WalWarrior Supporting Member

Mar 20, 2006
    Maryland Suburbs
    When he had a bead on them, he should have fired. Rid society of the garbage that cost all law obiding taxpayers hard earned cheese to warehouse. You can only hope that these muthaF***ers get whats coming to them in jail. Hope they burn in hell.

8. bassrique

bassrique

Nov 27, 2007
    Florida
    Many murderers of people start on animals first. How many famous serial killers began their careers torturing animals? I know there are several, but I can't think of any right now.

9. DudeistMonk

DudeistMonk

Apr 13, 2008
    Newark, NJ
    This sounds like the plot to a bad action movie.

Silvester Stalone in "The Canine Killers"

"They killed Daisy...I killed them"

10. bassrique

bassrique

Nov 27, 2007
    Florida
    I'd like such a thing to be based on a true story. I'm sorry, but 6 months to a year in jail won't cure those skells of their blood lust.

11. MJ5150

MJ5150 Supporting Member

Apr 12, 2001
    Olympia, WA
    Let us know when you think of them. NOT!

-Mike

12. bassrique

bassrique

Nov 27, 2007
    Florida
    I still can't, but take your pick of any of the infamous names, as the majority of them started on animals. The point is, these POS won't stop.

13. Deluge Of Sound

Deluge Of Sound Banned

Nov 8, 2007
    Maine/Vermont
    I bet you burned your copy of Old Yeller, too.

I'm a dog person, and this is horrific, but I don't think you quite understand how long a year in jail is.

And not to put too political a point on it, but this wouldn't have happened if they didn't give you a gun on your 16th birthday south of the Mason-Dixon.

14. 1. That's a false stereotype.
    2. Do you have a source for this even being the case in this instance?

15. DudeistMonk

DudeistMonk

Apr 13, 2008
    Newark, NJ
    Disagree...

I'm a northerner and I caught a lot of flack for being in the gun club as a kid. Long story short I don't own any firearms ATM but I know how to use one properly and safely, and I respect their power....Guns aren't the problem it's lack of education and decency, and in impoverished areas lack of income/outs/choices that causes people to do stupid things with weapons.

Pistols and Assault weapons on the other hand...

16. Deluge Of Sound

Deluge Of Sound Banned

Nov 8, 2007
    Maine/Vermont
    All stereotypes are false, and, to steal some words from William Faulkner, "facts and truth really don't have much to do with each other."

I'm just simply making the simple logical progression that, as the dog was shot, the shooter would have to have a gun. Had the shooter not been able to purchase the gun, which I assume was done legally because the article would've mentioned it if he/she hadn't, he/she wouldn't have been able to shoot the dog.

I've got nothing wrong with guns, in fact they're fun as hell, just pointing something out.

17. NJL

NJL

Apr 12, 2002
    San Antonio
    whether you can do it legally or not, you can purchase guns.

someone can shoot a dog whether they own a gun or not.

people who harm innocent animals are still major fat, flappy pussies.

18. Nice stereotyping. Way to go genius.

19. Deluge Of Sound

Deluge Of Sound Banned

Nov 8, 2007
    Maine/Vermont
    +1.

Its probably better if we don't go down the road I started to take. My apologies to anyone who was incensed.

20. Armueller2001

Armueller2001

Sep 19, 2006
    Dallas, TX
    Yeah, they would have just shot the dog with a bow and arrow. Or hit it with a car. Or stabbed it with a knife or icepick. Or poisoned it. Or burned it. Or...