1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

There at it again!!

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by jarrydee, Jan 14, 2012.

1. jarrydee

jarrydee

Oct 22, 2011
    Michigan
  2. Papa Dangerous

Papa Dangerous

Feb 1, 2011
    I think it might have to do with the lifetime guarantee that comes along with the Monster cable policy. As far as I know, when your Monster cable dies, you can just walk into an authorized Monster dealership and swap it out for a new one. The company than returns the defected/damaged cable to Monster.

These rogue places are not authorized and usually when dealings are done under rogue sites/stores, it voids the warranty.

3. jarrydee

jarrydee

Oct 22, 2011
    Michigan
    I can agree with that, but costco? And a while back sewing small business for having Monster in their name...crazy!

4. bongomania

bongomania Gold Supporting Member Commercial User

Oct 17, 2005
    PDX, OR
    owner, OVNIFX and OVNILabs
    "Suing" and "sue". :) "Sew" is using a needle and thread to join fabric. More evil from them: Monster is supporting SOPA, legislation intended to censor the internet!
    craigslist | about > SOPA
    (political names left out--my point is to illustrate how crappy the Monster company is, not to get political).

Immigrant, murphy and Jeff K like this.
  5. BassyBill

BassyBill The smooth moderator... Gold Supporting Member

Mar 12, 2005
    West Midlands UK
    "They're"

6. Doesn't matter where you bought the cable. Just take it to GC and trade it in.

7. Monster is the Bose of the cable industry. No substance whatsoever, just pure marketing smoke and mirrors.

sissy kathy and LiquidMidnight like this.
  8. I don't believe that's true anymore. The last I heard some months ago was you had to take it to the store, fill out a form, the store would send it and the form to Monster, and if Monster approved, they would notify the store and THEN they would replace the cable. I honestly don't know how true this is though.

9. jarrydee

jarrydee

Oct 22, 2011
    Michigan
    yup, ya got me....I spell like crap and type even worse!:bag: I do agree with you though!

10. I just took one back to GC last month. No forms. Switched it right out.

11. Turock

Turock Supporting Member

Apr 30, 2000
    Melnibone
    I don't buy Monster not only because of @#$% like that, but also because both my Monster cables crapped out after a very short while. I'm not trading 'em in. Why would I want a couple more crappy cables?

12. Staccato

Staccato Low End Advocate

Aug 14, 2009
    Alabama
    Maybe so, but I bought new-looking 'used' Monster cables on the TB classifieds at oh so-low prices, and they are holding their own like champions. They are very good performers! :bassist:

13. Papa Dangerous

Papa Dangerous

Feb 1, 2011
    I had heard similar on this but was not sure if it was true. I think it might reflect the workings of smaller private businesses. What you stated, about the forms, is the policy of some other cable. (Rapco maybe?) They termed it as "limited lifetime warranty"

14. MatticusMania

MatticusMania LANA! HE REMEMBERS ME!

Sep 10, 2008
    Pomona, SoCal
    +1
    I got one for $20something a while back, just an ordinary 15 or 20ft cable. Ive had it for about 5 years now without a single problem.

15. EricF

EricF Habitual User

Sep 26, 2005
    Pasadena, CA
    Agreed. It's Moster's bullying business tactics that is the worst offense for me. I will not give them a dime of my money. Ever.

BassyBill likes this.
  16. Metalbasspro

Metalbasspro

Feb 9, 2009
    I came to talk bass to ask about monster cables and all I found was this corporate bully stuff. Rather then ask how they rate I just got done writing monster to tell them why I won't be buying their products. And they looked so nice too.

17. SunnBass

SunnBass All these blankets saved my life.

Aug 31, 2010
    Columbia, Mo
    Where at it again?

Turock likes this.
  18. Gorn

Gorn Supporting Member

Dec 15, 2011
    Queens, NY
    Your at it. Their over they're.

sissy kathy, Haji, FilterFunk and 4 others like this.
  19. Metalbasspro

Metalbasspro

Feb 9, 2009
    FYI the OP meant they are at it again.

20. Gorn

Gorn Supporting Member

Dec 15, 2011
    Queens, NY
    We know. It's righteous mockery of poor spelling.

sissy kathy, SunnBass and Turock like this.