1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

There goes another one; John Renbourn, RIP

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Michedelic, Mar 28, 2015.

1. Michedelic

Michedelic MId-Century Modern

This is sadly becoming commonplace now.

Influential Guitarist John Renbourn, Co-Founder Of Pentagle, Dies : NPR

Pentangle(and Fairport, of course)sparked my interest in deep British folk music(and exponentially, all traditional Celtic styles); I've seen bassist Danny Thompson(just brilliant)with Richard Thompson many times, and a reconstituted Pentangle live in the 90's. Also a Renbourn/McShee duo performance. Back in the day, Jacqui was very easy on the eyes, I can't imagine what it was like being in a band with her. All great talents, JR will be missed.

2. bswag

bswag Guest

Dec 21, 2013
    RIP! Way back when I recall lots of folks seemed to have his Sir John Alot of Merrie Englandes Musyk Thyng and ye Grene Knyghte album, which had a great folk/Celtic/classical-mashup sound to it.

3. kesslari

kesslari Groovin' with the Big Dogs Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Dec 21, 2007
    Santa Cruz Mtns, California
    Lark in the Morning Instructional Videos; Audix Microphones
    RIP - a great musician. I loved his work with Pentangle, his solo stuff, and his collaboration with Robin Williamson of the Incredible String Band.