There is no cure for G.A.S.

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Matthew Bryson, Mar 14, 2006.

1. Matthew Bryson

Matthew Bryson Guest

Jul 30, 2001
    I thought I'd beat Gear Acquisition Syndrome once and for all. I'm mostly a one bass at a time kind of guy, and I've found a keeper. For months I've been completely happy with my bass and my amp. I really don't have the room to own multiple basses and amps, but I do have a combo amp and a cheap bass in storage in case I ever have a bass emergency and need a back up for any of my main gear. I'm really not into effects and still haven't had the desire to start playing around with effects, so no GAS pains there. I bought a fancy tuner, a nice strap, strap locks, good cables and back up cables. I thought I was completely set and there wasn't another thing that I wanted or could possibly need. Then, just when I least expected it, I had a severe case if GAS sneak up on me and before I knew it I had ordered up a cassette based four track recorder with a mic, and also a drum machine. Time to start working on that demo, collecting ideas, and seeing how much of an interest I really have in multi track recording. I didn't see this one coming, but the GAS built quickly and by the time I realized how much I wanted these things there was no chance of fighting it. Yet another reminder that no matter how good you've got it, no matter what's going on - GAS will always get you. Ain't it great!