1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  
  2. Welcome Back!  Please see this thread for more info about the site outage.  Thank you for your patience as we work out bugs and tweak server configs.

There must be a big KISS fan in little ol' Mesquite, NV

Discussion in 'Bass Humor & Gig Stories [BG]' started by wintremute, May 16, 2016.

Tags:
  1. BassCliff

BassCliff

May 17, 2012
    So. Cal.
    Hi,

Tempting. Very tempting. Too bad I'm not in a Kiss tribute or metal band. I don't think those basses can play country music. ;)

Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff

nixdad and Howlin' Hanson like this.
  2. Dominic DeCosa

Dominic DeCosa Habitual Line-Stepper Commercial User

Mar 9, 2008
    Winter Park, Florida
    DiCosimo Audio
    It's Scott Grove from YouTube.

3. Duder

Duder

Dec 6, 2014
    Florida
    Maybe he's a bigger Prince fan

GrooverMcTube and Mvilmany like this.
  4. DiabolusInMusic

DiabolusInMusic Functionless Art is Merely Tolerated Vandalism

Either I am way out of touch with my used Cort prices or that guy is. I don't see those basses selling at those prices any time soon, particularly on CL.

5. Justice

Justice

May 24, 2002
    Houston TX.
    The street prices on the Cort versions of these basses has gone up about $200 since they were discontinued. I have been seeing them on ebay fairly regularly in the $700s. I think $1100 is a bit of a stretch.

I got lucky and found my Cort Axe bass hanging in a pawn shop for $150. It ain't mint, but the price was right for a bass I may use twice a year.

6. Justice

Justice

May 24, 2002
    Houston TX.
    on another note, that cracked mirror Iceman guitar he has is the shiz-nit! :bassist::bassist::bassist::bassist::bassist::bassist:drooldrooldrooldrooldrool

7. bassbully

bassbully Endorsed by The PHALEX CORN BASS..mmm...corn!

Sep 7, 2006
    Blimp City USA
    Oh Cliff you should rock that Axe bass at the Ranch!

nixdad, Bassammich, kjones and 3 others like this.
  8. Sez Hoo LOL! Back in my 6-string days, I had a black Kramer Explorer thingee that I'd pull out quite often. Triple humbuckers, Floyd Rose, thru a Bassman/Marshall halfstack, no problem! Of course it was black and I kinda blended in with the whole black backline so YMMV ;)

BassCliff likes this.
  9. kcole4001

kcole4001

Oct 7, 2009
    Nova Scotia
    Well, there is a guy around here who plays old school country using a pointy bright red Kramer bass...so I think Cliff could probably get away with an Axe...

BassCliff likes this.
  10. buzzbass

buzzbass

Apr 23, 2003
    NJ
    I want that Kramer version so bad I can taste it.

11. elgecko

elgecko

Apr 30, 2007
    Anasleim, CA
    Wow! People live in Mesquite? :p

That's a tiny, little town!

12. wintremute

wintremute mediocrity at its finest

Oct 16, 2014
    Vegas
    Endorsing Artist: Langstrom Carrot Farms
    It has the lovely zero fret.

13. nixdad

nixdad

Aug 15, 2008
    Los Angeles, CA
    C'mon, Cliffy!
    Think about it...a nice new shiny black "edgy" bass to play with Kelly and Arnie to go along with your spiffy new haircut! You'd be the talk of the town!

BassCliff and wintremute like this.
  14. Mvilmany

Mvilmany

Mar 13, 2013
    Upstate NY
    Oh, THAT guy. I clicked on one of the links. He's already got drama with people flagging him. LOL.

15. buzzbass

buzzbass

Apr 23, 2003
    NJ
    I dig the funky headstock

16. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Apr 11, 2021