1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

There needs to be more people like this.

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by TheFenderBender, Mar 23, 2013.

1. TheFenderBender

TheFenderBender

Jun 27, 2012
    So, this is about one of those door to door guys, I really have mixed feelings about them, and if your wondering where the thought to post this came from, I just actually jammed with one of those door to door fellas. He asked for a glass a water, and he saw my bass, and he picked up one of the guitars an we jammed. It was great to see such friendly people in the neighborhood. Anyone else met any really friendly door to door people?

2. mellowinman

mellowinman Free Man

Oct 19, 2011
    Minneapolis
    We don't get a lot of friendly door to door people. Could be the eight dogs, and the "DO NOT TRESPASS" sign at the end of the very long, imposing driveway; I don't know...

3. TheFenderBender

TheFenderBender

Jun 27, 2012
    Yeah, I wonder..

4. What exactly do you mean by "door to door people"?

5. Bloodhammer

Bloodhammer Twinkle Twinkle Black Star

Jul 7, 2009
    Shreveport, Louisiana
    +1

Are we talking about solicitors or neighbors?

6. Assuming a solicitor. The question is - did you buy after you got done jamming?

7. Bloodhammer

Bloodhammer Twinkle Twinkle Black Star

Jul 7, 2009
    Shreveport, Louisiana
    "Why choose a Kirby system over other leading vacuum brands? When you purchase a Kirby system you are purchasing more than just a vacuum cleaner; you’re purchasing: More than 99 years of experience spent perfecting just one product, a vacuum constructed and designed to provide years of service, a leader in home cleaning and a name recognized around the world, a reliable product trusted by millions of satisfied..........

Hey, is that you're bass?"

8. placedesjardins

placedesjardins

May 7, 2012
    What kind of neighborhood are you in?

Usually, if a stranger knocks on the door in my neighborhood and asks for a glass of water, something is unusual.

9. TheFenderBender

TheFenderBender

Jun 27, 2012
    I hesitated to call him a salesman, or a solicitor, because he was just going through, and this poor old fella, around 65-ish, was going around and promoting a cause about some kind of senior income or something, I never really listen, but since he looked pretty tired and becuase of his age, I said yes. Good old fella. I'm in shoreline, a suburb outside seattle, and everyone is great here. Such a friendly neighborhood.

10. 1958Bassman

1958Bassman

Oct 20, 2007
    Anyone who needs 99 years to perfect a vacuum cleaner hasn't been trying very hard.

11. TheFenderBender

TheFenderBender

Jun 27, 2012

It was a little more like

-some stuff about senior citizens and our governor that I paid no attention to- and thats why I am you to donate, and, could I have like, a glass of water? I've been walking for a few hours now, and I see you play bass, *goes and picks up a guitar* I've been playing for ehh, 38 years now, I started late. Then we played for around 10-15 minutes, and he realized he should probably get back to his job.