1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

There seems to be some kind of malediction on my band?!?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Creeping-Death, Nov 29, 2006.

1. I don't know if this happened to a lot of you guys, but it seems that my band is cursed! For the last year or so (wich is a lot for us since the band as only existed for 2 years now), we have had a series of unlucky events when we wanted to practice and/or do a little show. I'll just list a few :

1 - While playing at our guitarist's house in the country side, we have managed to burn/blow up 3 pairs of speakers that the keyboard player was plugged in.

2 - The next time we went to play there, we again managed to have our speakers malfunction, but this time we made them work after a while (apparently, speakers don't like to be on the side).

3 - While going to a practice at the keyboardist's house,
    we : - managed to forget the keys
    - didn't realise his father had the locks changed
    - had a power failure IN THE CAR on the highway, but it still ran (althought we had to close the lights and the radio for the car to shift). Finally the car broke down completly right in the driveway.

4 - At a small gig, we had previously made sure that the place were we played had a drum, but when we finally got there, we got told, less then an hour before the gig, that they did NOT have a snare, a snare stand and the top part of the hi-hat. We finally played without a drum...

5 - Finally, today, while coming back from practice, we had a big ol' flat on the highway. Actually it wasn't just a small flat, it was more like the tire blew up.

Well that's about what I can remember for now. Has this kind of things ever happened to any of you? Most probably yes, so I would love to hear some of your horror stories.

2. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Retired Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    Seems like it's the dreaded "Curse of Ineptitude."

3. Well just yesterday, we had a nice gig to do for an end-of-term party. Everything went well for the last two months, and all went well for bringing the stuff to the venue. But, of course, something had to go wrong : the power was out...

After two hours of waiting for the power to come back on, we managed to call Hydro-Québec, and they told we were 300th on the list, and that the power should be back by 2 am. So we had to cancel the whole thing, pack our things, and go back home.

I just hope it won't be like that for long...

4. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Retired Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    Well, that blows my theory.

5. bongomania

bongomania Gold Supporting Member Commercial User

Oct 17, 2005
    PDX, OR
    owner, OVNIFX and OVNILabs
    We'll just call it a hypothesis until further evidence comes in.

6. Seems like a large part of this 'curse' could be broken by taking that car to a mechanic once in a while!

:smug:

7. Wasn't there a chap on the forum who forgot his bass at his house, before a gig of course?

8. Well I'll try at least to NOT do that :smug:

9. Poop-Loops

Poop-Loops Banned

Mar 3, 2006
    Auburn, Washington
    It has to be one of you. Get someone to stand in for you for a few practices or gigs, then the other members, until you find the guy who's responsible.

10. Yeah I remember reading a story in which a guy was praising his band's roadie and mentioned once how they forgot to bring the bass through a misunderstanding and how he raced off and saved the day with a out of tune bass ...

11. Hold up hold up hold up. Noone has asked the most fundamental question regarding this topic!!!

What genre of music are you playing? :bag:

12. Well it's a bit metal, but without a singer, so it's instrumental.... I like to call it instrumetal.