Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Theremin

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by The Sound of the Police, Sep 16, 2001.

1. Has anyone had any success in a Theremin built into your bass, or even guitar? It's a problem that has been in the back of my mind for a while now. I found a type of Theremin that has a clip you can attach to any metal object to have it be the pitch antenna. I was thinking I could attach it to the bridge and have the strings be the atenna, but then the frets, truss rod, electronics, etc would set it off at a very close range.

The other way would be to just attach some sort of antenna to the upper horn, but I'm trying to do this without altering the appearence of the bass.

Any ideas?

2. Yvon

Yvon Supporting Member

Nov 2, 2000
    Montreal, Canada
    the best web site I found on the Theremin is:

http://www.thereminworld.com/

They have a message board, maybe you can have more help there.
    And let me know if it work!!

3. I played one of those once, those are fun. It didn't work too well at first though, because I was standing too close to it.

4. Josh Ryan

Josh Ryan - that dog won't hunt, Monsignor. Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 24, 2001
    We use a theremin in one of my bands songs actually. it's the song called Kerosene. click the Mud Prophets link in my sig if you want to hear one in action. my guitarist built it from a kit he ordered.

5. Nice qoute, Blisshead. Dr. Michio Kaku is pretty rad. Unfortunatly, I don't get many opportunities to listen to him.