1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

There's so Many!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Solitarely, Apr 11, 2015.

1. Solitarely

Solitarely

May 25, 2012
    It'd be impossible to try 'em all out as most shops scarce have one on hand. So I'm going off word of mouth, your word fellow reader.

Here we go. I'm looking for a new, neck-thru, active pick-up, 5 string, at 2k or under. Preference would be something on the versatile side, one bass fits all songs. But if there's a really solid bass, well built, with fantastic hardware but it's one dimensional like say only a great reggae tone, I'm not entirely opposed to eq-ing and/or processing it if need be for non-reggae. Anyways I hope you get the idea and know where I'm coming from.

2. gebass6

gebass6 We're not all trying to play the same music.

May 3, 2009
    N.E Illinois
    Last edited: Apr 17, 2015
  3. Solitarely

Solitarely

May 25, 2012
    That seems like am excellent value bass. Never bought a guitar off of ebay, but plenty do without incident. I'm looking to trade in a guitar and behemoth ampeg 8x10 toward the sale and ebay wouldn't allow that scenario unfortunately

4. Solitarely

Solitarely

May 25, 2012
    ...hmm. Let me clarify. I don't want a pre-scooped sounding guitar. It'd be lovely if it had a full range, vibrant, and balanced sound, very clear and precise. Pickups and body that emit the snap and percussive pop of a quickly slap-style-pulled and plucked high string that's also equivalent to its bowel curdling low and sustain of open B with an ebow applied.

5. Thornton Davis

Thornton Davis

Dec 11, 1999
    Toronto
  6. Solitarely

Solitarely

May 25, 2012
    Haha. That's exactly what I decided on. Now I'm refinishing an ampeg 8x10 to go toward the purchase. And I am so scared to do it.