There's some strange electric snake in the sky....whats that Jet sound...?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by MadPink, Jan 2, 2002.

1. My friend was talking about some effect that makes your guitar sound something like a jet or like that swoosh sound. anyone know what its called? and would it be good on bass? or has my friend just been indulging into the ergot to much?
  2. ADA inspired flanger... It's a flanger that has a built in compression circut on the filter, resulting in a jet plane sound especially on the lower frequencies. Usually on bass it sounds a bit drowned out in the flanger's effect. I don't recomend it, but if your going for a flanging tone I suggest an electro optical flanger or a phasor.
  3. are you sure its a flanger? because I have one and it doesn't make a jet sound
  4. Like I said it takes a certian type of flanger...
  5. I have a Boss Guitar Flanger and it occasionally makes this weird jet sound that peaks out while I'm playing. It's cool if it fits the song, but if not, it's just some random "Jet sound" coming out of my amp.
  6. I have a Boss BF2 and I don't think ive ever heard any jet sounds come out of it. More of a swirling effect.
  7. i dont know about those flangers but a loud jet must have took off from the marine base this morning at about 4 am. I shook me hoose!!!!

I think i have an idea of what your talking about, I have a good friend that uses ah whole bag full of effects on his geetar, ill check um out and see!:mad:
  8. have boss flanger. when used with distortion it makes a great jet sound.
  9. The What?!

10. ...or better yet "that crazy moose is loose in the hoose!"
  11. LiquidMidnight

Dec 25, 2000
    I think a good example of what Madpink is talking about could be heard on "Rock N' Roll Junkie" by Motley Crue.