Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Theron Brison

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by JAUQO III-X, Feb 19, 2006.

1. JAUQO III-X

JAUQO III-X Banned

Jan 4, 2002
    CHICAGO,IL.
    Endorsing artist:see profile.
    For those who dig the grittiness of Funk,check out the sound bites from my friend Theron Brison and his band.he has one of the best sounds and his playing overall is just right.you don't hear bass like this too often today.

http://www.dfunktion.net/sounds.html

2. j-raj

j-raj Bassist: Educator/Soloist/Performer Staff Member Supporting Member

Jan 14, 2003
    Atlanta, GA!
    Theron is a great player!! I think that i met him through you in Indy, but this last NAMM show he stopped by the Orange Booth and tore it up:

[​IMG]

3. Lo end PUNCH

Lo end PUNCH

Jan 28, 2005
    Racine,Wi
    YES!!! That is what I'm talking about!! Straight ahead nasty grimey FUNK!!! I used to be in a similar sounding band. Even though it's old school, it is so refreshing to hear some good funk. I'm working on putting together something like this in the future. Thanks for that one Jauqo.

4. JAUQO III-X

JAUQO III-X Banned

Jan 4, 2002
    CHICAGO,IL.

Yes J,I introduced you to him at the Indy show.Theron is one of my favorite bassist and a very very overall great person.

5. j-raj

j-raj Bassist: Educator/Soloist/Performer Staff Member Supporting Member

Jan 14, 2003
    Atlanta, GA!
    Great listener too! Thank you for posting that link. Does he hang out on TB at all?

6. JAUQO III-X

JAUQO III-X Banned

Jan 4, 2002
    CHICAGO,IL.
    No he's not big on the computer thing.

7. T-Bris RULES!!!! We exchanged records at the NAMM show. He's a very genuine guy and GREAT player. Clearly, he wears purple much better than Bootsy:
    http://pigtronix.com/images/Theron.jpg

Al Caldwell won't even wear his Hillbilly hat anymore, because he knows he can't compete with T-Bris!! What?! What?! ;)

8. lynnt

lynnt

Aug 1, 2010
    Figured this might be a perfect place to pose a question to my fellow bass players...

Does anyone know who Thee Ram Jam really is? I'm quickly becoming obsessed with figuring out his identity. I've heard its Victor Wooten and also heard it might be Bootsy.

9. Dub56

Dub56

May 28, 2005
    Kansas
    I hadn't heard of "Thee Ram Jam" until now, but just googling the page, it's FULL of Bootsy Collins. I may not be up on the story, but to me it looks painfully obvious it's just Bootsy doing some strange act.

10. Bryan R. Tyler

Bryan R. Tyler TalkBass: Usurping My Practice Time Since 2002 Staff Member Administrator Gold Supporting Member

May 3, 2002
    Connecticut
    You really thought the Basses forum was a more perfect place to post a question about a bassist than the Bassists forum? ;)

Moved.

11. jbalou02

jbalou02

Mar 8, 2010
    We play thee Black Betty by thee Ram Jam

12. lynnt

lynnt

Aug 1, 2010
    sorry about that :)

i think i read basses and thought it was bassist...yikes. been a long day.

13. lynnt

lynnt

Aug 1, 2010
    not to be a jerk, but i don't think bootsy could play that way. bootsy is all about funk and thee ram jam is sort of like victor style.

don't get me wrong bootsy is great, but this is some next level stuff and bootsy is old school.

14. Dub56

Dub56

May 28, 2005
    Kansas
    Bootsy has been playing bass for YEARS upon years, I would bet he can play more technical things than you'd expect. It would be kind of hard to believe that he can only play really basic funk.

It makes since that he'd be doing this to show that.. well, he can play something other than old school funk.

15. lynnt

lynnt

Aug 1, 2010
    i hear you. but look at thee ram jam's body, doesn't it kind of look like victor's body?

16. I thought it was fieldy...no?

in reality, I'd place my money on some guy who is good at playing bass that nobody has ever heard of because he hides his face and doesn't tell anyone his name

17. vegas532

vegas532 Supporting Member

Nov 10, 2006
    Claremont, CA.
    ^this. Buckethead, anyone?

18. flanger on cymbal- EPIC

19. scotch

scotch It's not rocket science!

Nov 12, 2006
    Albany, NY USA
    Please see Profile for Endorsement disclosures
    I want the last 10 minutes I spent on this back. :-/

20. joshmat

joshmat

Nov 20, 2005
    Houston, TX
    I'm must say the hands/arms look a little like Vic and sounds a little like Vic, but could really just be like superbassman is saying, good bass player with a mask. How 'bout that pretty Watson bass though?!?