These basses any good?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by sumfortyone, May 28, 2002.

1. Hi there guys. Urm, I'm the latest member of the guitarist-cum-bassist group. Seriously considering these following basses.

Yamaha RBX760A
    Peavey C4 (Cirrus copy..I heard its only available in Europe)

Does anyone of you out there have any experience with these basses. Are they worth it?Thanks!
  2. Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    Yamaha are great basses for the money. Perfect, IMHO for starting out.
  3. Hey thanks. Appreciate it. Might go for the Yamaha. Anybody else have any thoughts?
  4. The c4 is a heap of sewage :)
    if its the one i tried that is, i think its known as the Peavey Zephyer over here, dodgey thru necks :) .
    100% go with the yammy, excellent basses for the money

5. Peavey Zephyer, yeah thats one...thanks for telling me..I guess Ill have a look at the Yamaha range then..Thanks!
  6. Yamahas are really nice basses. Any of the RBX series would be a good buy. The Yamaha BB series is also very nice.

If you can get a Peavey Cirrus, they are excellent. But IMO, they are the only good thing I've played with the Peavey name on it (other than amps).
  7. I've just made up my mind to get a Cort Freedom. Didn't realize my local store have this particular bass. Cort makes superb guitars. Don't let that Made in Korea tag fool you. I have experienced lots of their electric guits and theyre superb value for money. Ive got a Cort G290 too so I guess I'll be trying their basses. If everything goes to plan, I'll be getting myself a Cort Freedom bass. Thanks again for the help guys.

If you're curious about the bass I was talking about, here's a link..

Cheers! :D
  8. Albemuth

Jan 13, 2002
    I've got the rbx765a, and I'm pretty happy with it, sound ok, feels ok, looks ok, what more can one ask?? I'm sure the 4 string version is just as good
  9. kirbywrx

kirbywrx formerly James Hetfield

Jul 27, 2000
    Melbourne, Australia.
    Go the yamaha. Best value for money known to man. Nice beast of a bass that sounds massive but it the exact opposite weight wise. The neck is VERY comfortable, and plays beautifully.

Perfect bass for a begginer, go for it :D
  10. I tried a zypher once....I got a little suspious when i found out the 5 string was only £10 more than the 4 string.......Pile of crap....I low B dident even play properly and was a flappy as a very flappy thing....Never played a yemi but i would stiil recamend that or another model of peavey instead...