1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

These guys are geat (Youtube content)

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by Iv@N, Apr 22, 2010.

1. Iv@N

Iv@N Supporting Member

Jun 8, 2008
    Münster, Germany

I can't find any words to describe it.

2. Tylerrr51

Tylerrr51

Nov 28, 2009
    Milford, CT
    I love it, but whats that triangle shaped thing with all the buttons?

3. The drummer ain't no Future Man, that's for sure.

4. Wild_Cat

Wild_Cat

Feb 14, 2009
    Montréal, QC
    It looks like a MIDI controller for a drum machine -- for those drummers who want to duck-walk like us and guitarists, I suppose :D

5. baalroo

baalroo

Mar 24, 2008
    Wichita, KS
    I debated back and forth with myself over whether to even post a response or not, but I decided to just preface it with a big "IMHO" and a "No Offense intended but..."

...It sounds like really average bar band music to me, plus some cheesy overdone effects. If I walked into a bar and they were playing I would probably either ignore them or if they were playing loudly I would leave. Nothing really interesting or impressive happening here at all. :shrug: I guess different strokes for different folks.

6. Tim C.

Tim C.

Feb 4, 2010
    Chicago
    I can.

It was okay. ;)

7. Iv@N

Iv@N Supporting Member

Jun 8, 2008
    Münster, Germany
    It's alright ;)

I just wanted to share what i though was pretty good.

And as someone already stated few posts above, different strokes for different folks :)

8. baalroo

baalroo

Mar 24, 2008
    Wichita, KS
    so, what exactly is it that you're digging about them? (Maybe I'm listening to it in the "wrong" context)

9. Iv@N

Iv@N Supporting Member

Jun 8, 2008
    Münster, Germany
    I think it's the fact that what you call "average bar band" is something I have not listened to before. Where I live, most bar bands play salsa or cumbia

10. JAUQO III-X

JAUQO III-X Banned

Jan 4, 2002
    CHICAGO,IL.
    Endorsing artist:see profile.

It's a electronic drum kit made by a company called ZenDrum. It's a MIDI Controller inspired by Roy Wooten of Bela Fleck and The Flecktones.

http://www.zendrum.com/

Here's the same band doing Take 5.

11. baalroo

baalroo

Mar 24, 2008
    Wichita, KS
    oh yeah, that would make total sense actually.

12. M0ses

M0ses

Sep 11, 2009
    Los Angeles
    At first glance, I thought it was a legitimate gypsie percussion instrument, I've seen a very similar thing being used to produce REAL sounds. Then, he started playing and sounded like a drum kit, and I was disappointed. What do I think of it? Well, ok, I guess if he must, go ahead and do it. But IMO I've never been fooled by programmed drums, and I wouldn't be ok with using them myself or in my band. They just don't sound good enough to me. Never heard an electronic drumset, much less programmed (although we're not talking about those here) that I liked.

13. CyberSnyder

CyberSnyder Gold Supporting Member

Jun 19, 2003
    Maryland
    I Endorse Alien Audio Basses
    Any idea what bass he's playing?

14. JAUQO III-X

JAUQO III-X Banned

Jan 4, 2002
    CHICAGO,IL.
  15. CyberSnyder

Jun 19, 2003
    Maryland
    Heh, I thought it was a Bee knock off. Close. Never saw that body style but I guess the nut is the give away.

Thanks!

16. JAUQO III-X

JAUQO III-X Banned

Jan 4, 2002
    CHICAGO,IL.
    You're welcome.

17. James Hart

James Hart

Feb 1, 2002
    toms_river.nj.us
    Endorsing Artist: see profile
    I love 9 and Zen!!! Great groove / jam stuff.

Greg is a member here.

18. CyberSnyder

Jun 19, 2003
    Maryland
    I like them. Looks like a really fun gig.

19. Brado

Brado

Oct 19, 2005
    Buda, TX.
    That particular Bee bass is Greg's custom body shape (the GBC Signature). He painted that bass neon pink! I saw it about 6 months ago at a bass event we did in Denver. It sounded fine.....but man oh man....is it ever PINK!!! Bee basses are amazing. The "nut" (as refered to above) isn't really a nut at all. For Fred's fretted basses, he does a zero fret & extende the fingerboard about an inch with notches (grooves) for each string. it works like a charm.

20. I thought they were really good :)