1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

They moved Bass Humor and replaced it with Tabs... I keep hitting Tabs .. WTH?

Discussion in 'Bass Humor & Gig Stories [BG]' started by dbase, Feb 13, 2018.

Tags:
  1. dbase

dbase Gold Supporting Member

Jan 3, 2008
    South Jersey, USA..
    I'm a creature of habit .. please move it back.. Thank you ;)

S-Bigbottom and dragon68 like this.
  2. T_Bone_TL

T_Bone_TL

Jan 10, 2013
    NW Mass/SW VT
    No, sorry, no can do, there's a major TabĀ® promotion going on.

tab-soda2.

3. Pilgrim

Pilgrim Supporting Member

I bow in your general direction. A masterful response! :woot:

dbase, Sixgunn, pcake and 3 others like this.
  4. Who are you talking to?

The readers of this forum are unable to make formatting changes to it. It sounds to me like you should post this in Suggestions, but with more details on what changed, your operating system, etc.

Suggestion Box

5. dbase

Jan 3, 2008
    South Jersey, USA..
    A local moderator should pick it up...

6. If they do, it will be void of any helpful details. Or you could post it in its intended forum, where it stands a better chance of being addressed.

Or leave it here. Totally up to you.

7. They may not have moved it. I double-checked what you were saying, as I've had a few errant clicks recently.

I think what happens is: when you open General Forums, the page loads. Normally, you scroll down to Bass Humor... and click. Just before you click, an advertisement bar loads at the top of the list, shifting Bass Humor... down exactly one position.

(Disclaimer: I'm not a moderator. I'm just a fellow TB'er who likes to analyze problems.)

oldrocker likes this.
  8. T_Bone_TL

T_Bone_TL

Jan 10, 2013
    NW Mass/SW VT
    I just bookmark the sub-forums I actually go to regularly, since the navigation got tedious a revision or 3 back. Saves a lot of scrolling and clicking to find the places I actually go here.

Bassbeater likes this.
  9. two fingers

two fingers Opinionated blowhard. But not mad about it. Gold Supporting Member

Feb 7, 2005
    Eastern NC USA
    I just keep clicking "New Posts" and see what rises to the top. That's how I have "surfed" TB for years.

10. Well, if you want to do it the easy way, fine! :laugh:

jamro217 likes this.
  11. dbase

Jan 3, 2008
    South Jersey, USA..
    Bass Humor from the 2nd column to the 3rd

12. hrodbert696

hrodbert696 Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

It's probably a result of the new "Accessories" forum that was just added. That would shift everything below it one slot. But what route are you using that's showing the forums in columns?

Sixgunn likes this.
  13. T_Bone_TL

T_Bone_TL

Jan 10, 2013
    NW Mass/SW VT
    Hmmm - signal to noise ratio approaching zero...
    Well, I get (evidently different than dbase - or not, if they go across rather than down) 3 columns when looking at the list of forums on a web browser on a computer. As mentioned, I rarely look at that list now, as it's clunky (there used to be a better way to move quickly with a drop-down list, it vanished one day, I adapted.)

Last edited: Feb 13, 2018
  14. hrodbert696

Curious. When I go to the top forums menu, they all align vertically, no columns. There are drop-downs from there (e.g. under "General Forums" you get a dropdown with Basses, Strings, etc.)

15. T_Bone_TL

T_Bone_TL

Jan 10, 2013
    NW Mass/SW VT
    Forums.

hrodbert696 likes this.
  16. hrodbert696

Ahh, figured it out. I have my style chooser set to "dark." Shows up differently. When I put it on "default" it looks like that.

17. Oddly

Oddly Unofficial TalkBass Cartographer! Supporting Member

Jan 17, 2014
    Dublin, Ireland.
    Just out of morbid curiosity, you being one of them all-powerful, all-seeing moderators, is there any way of knowing which style choice is most popular?
    Or is that a user-end thing you'd not have access to?

I'm using the TB 2014 dark one...partly as I just think it looks cooler, but I also find the white text on dark background easier on these tired old eyes.

18. hrodbert696

the-eye-of-sauron_3133429b.

Erm.... No, I don't think so. Maybe Paul or the admins have a tool to show that but I don't.

I concur. Looks weird to me to go back to default now.

Oddly likes this.
  19. Oddly

Oddly Unofficial TalkBass Cartographer! Supporting Member

Jan 17, 2014
    Dublin, Ireland.
    pcake likes this.
  20. T_Bone_TL

T_Bone_TL

Jan 10, 2013
    NW Mass/SW VT
    CARROTS!!

FTW (duh) ("but drat, they've seen my default setting" - and I can't find the orange and green carrot theme anyway) Whups, my default is actually Talkbass 2014...or would the carrot theme be orange text on a brown-dirt background, with some of the weirder carrot colors for headers and highlight? Would there be rabbits and moles and earthworms from time to time? More importantly, would it make animated GIF avatars be devoured by crazed weasels, never to be seen again?

Carrot_lover.