1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

They need to make another Police Academcy movie for 2010

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by LiquidMidnight, Apr 10, 2010.

1. LiquidMidnight

LiquidMidnight

Dec 25, 2000
    What say you, Talkbass?

I originally posted this by accident in the DB forum, but it was never moved.

2. TheDarkReaver

TheDarkReaver Banned

Mar 20, 2006
    Lincolnshire, UK
    No.

3. LiquidMidnight

LiquidMidnight

Dec 25, 2000
    Are you saying that you would deprieve the world of a sequel to the many cinematic master pieces that are on the same tier as the Godfather series, Citizen Kane, and Casablanca? I am aghast.

4. hover

hover

Oct 4, 2008
    Massachusetts
    Dude. Steve Guttenberg will get no more of my money. I made that mistake back in 84. Never again.

5. Why not? Everything coming out of Hollywood these days is a remake anyhow. As long a Zed (Bobcat Goldthwait) is in it, I'd see it.

6. LiquidMidnight

LiquidMidnight

Dec 25, 2000
    But Mahoney is a classic character, right on par with Holden Caufield, Dean Moriarty, Yoda, and Scarlett O'Hara!

7. Smurf-o-Deth

Smurf-o-Deth ¡No me gustan mis pantalones!

Oct 2, 2007
    The state of denial.
    If you honestly feel this way, I weep for you.

8. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    Steve Guttenburg (Mahoney) hasn't been in a Police Academy movie since Citizens on Patrol (#4)... Bubba Smith (Hightower) wasn't in the last sequel, Mission to Moscow...

Frankly, the only original characters still in Mission to Moscow were Callahan, Lassard, Harris, Jones, and Tackleberry... if you ask me, THAT sequel shouldn't have happened, and certainly another shouldn't happen 16 years after that LAST failure.

9. IconBasser

IconBasser Scuba Viking Supporting Member

Feb 28, 2007
    Fontana, California
    Mahoneeeeyyyyy!

10. LiquidMidnight

LiquidMidnight

Dec 25, 2000
    I thought that my sarcasm was obvious about this topic was obvious, but perhaps not. :D

11. Gopherbassist

Gopherbassist

Jan 19, 2008
    They're planning to. But, they've been planning to since the show got cancelled, so who knows...

12. hbarcat

hbarcat Supporting Member

Aug 24, 2006
    Rochelle, Illinois
    They shouldn't have made the second one.