1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

They say good thing happen in 3's! (warning-rant ahead)

Discussion in 'Band Management [BG]' started by Skyblue977, Mar 12, 2009.

1. Sorry. I can't contain myself any longer.
    Firstly, I've done an akaTrent. I'm now playing bass with my favourite band! Still a few details to sort out but all looking very +ve.
    Second. My cover band, Sandman Panelvan, have got a support slot for the mighty Gangajang here in my hometown. For all you non-Ausssies, they are big movers and shakers in the biz here and have been for a very longtime with some serious pedigree behind the members. The bass player and drummer were members of The Angels in the early days (and still are). Very excited about this one. We only have 30 mins but we are gonna rock this one.
    Third but not least, tonight I am going to see Midnight Oil doing a warm up gig before the big bushfire benefit gigs tomorrow. Again for you non-Aussies, the lead singer, Peter Garratt is our Environment Minister and many would suggest our next Prime Minister (a bit like a President 'cept he's a bit cooler that Barak). The Oils are part of the Australian psyche, as are the Mighty Gangajang whom most Aussies think their tune Sounds Of Then should be our national anthem!
    I've worked really hard to make the first 2 happen and the 3rd is my reward for the hard work.:hyper:

2. ironrat

ironrat

Sep 24, 2008
    Good for you!!!!!

3. modulusman

modulusman Banned

Jan 18, 2004
    montana
    I really like Midnight oil. The Angels were called Angel City here in the states. I use to play "Marseilles" back in the 80s, great song. Good for you,have fun.

4. MatticusMania

MatticusMania LANA! HE REMEMBERS ME!

Sep 10, 2008
    Pomona, SoCal
    I thought they said celebrities die in 3's...

5. Well the Oils put on one of the best shows I have ever been to. Cant say much else 'cept WOW!

6. rokkitt

rokkitt

Jun 7, 2007
    bronx, nyc

As in-- night attack, fashion and fame? Those guys? They are very very cool! Congrats on the triple play btw

7. Congrats, man. I know a very little 'bout Oil, but from what I do know, that's impressive. Rock the gig, mate. :cool:

8. Thannkkss :smug:

9. My cover band do a few Angels tunes but we cannot decide if we should do them in in front of the guys who wrote them. Will they be flattered or not like how we do the tunes? Dunno about this one..

10. modulusman

modulusman Banned

Jan 18, 2004
    montana
    I would not do it.

11. Good call Modulusman. We'll pop in another Rose Tattoo tune. Either Man About Town or Rock N Roll Outlaw.