1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

they took everything

Discussion in 'Lost & Stolen Gear' started by mattq, Mar 24, 2009.

1. mattq

mattq

May 23, 2006
    Santa Cruz, CA
    yep, everything. i'm in riverside, ca. here's the list. There was a Gretsch hollowbody bass in a hardshell case, a Fender Deluxe Active Jazz Bass in a soft case, a Traynor YBA200 bass amp in a road case made by Willis Custom Cases, a SWR Goliath Sr. 6x10 cab, and a Pedaltrain PT-JR pedalboard in a hard case with the following pedals in it: Korg Pitchblack Tuner, Fulltone Bassdrive, BBE Optostomp, EHX Little Big Muff, MXR Carbon Copy, and Sansamp Bassdriver DI as well as a few cables. All the cases were black. Here's some pictures of the gear. If you've seen these items please PLEASE let me know.
    (The pedalboard picture shows a Boss tuner, but it's the Korg that was on there when it was stolen)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. ::::BASSIST::::

::::BASSIST:::: Progress Not Perfection.

Sep 2, 2004
    Vancouver, BC Canada
    Man, that really sucks. :(

You have my heartfelt sympathies.

3. MIJ-VI

MIJ-VI Banned Supporting Member

Jan 12, 2009
    Hi mattq.

Have you posted your stolen gear on Screaming (Chris) Stone's Web site (the link in my sig)?

4. syciprider

syciprider Banned

May 27, 2005
    Inland Empire
    I checked the one pawnshop in Murrieta that I know of and these items weren't there. Sorry for your loss.:(

5. Stumbo

Stumbo Wherever you go, there you are. Supporting Member Commercial User

Feb 11, 2008
    the Cali Intergalctic Mind Space
    Song Surgeon slow downer software- full 4 hour demo
  6. elpezpr

elpezpr

Feb 7, 2008
    PR
    Bump

7. mattq

mattq

May 23, 2006
    Santa Cruz, CA
    MIJ, i have not, but i'm going to right now
    syciprider, thanks for checking that out
    stumbo, i have a police report in with almost all my serial numbers, and i have a cop buddy looking into some stuff for me. right now, it's looking better than a 3% chance of getting my stuff back.

in the meantime, my church family has been incredible. i was donated enough money to buy that same model gretsch bass which i was miraculously able to find used through the guitar center site. i've also been donated an ampeg 410. in a day or two, i'll almost be made whole again. so very soon i'll be :bassist: again

8. Stumbo

Stumbo Wherever you go, there you are. Supporting Member Commercial User

Feb 11, 2008
    the Cali Intergalctic Mind Space
    Song Surgeon slow downer software- full 4 hour demo
    Be sure and take some of that money and buy insurance for your stuff. Otherwise, if it happens again, it might be more difficult to get donations for something happening a second time.

Glad you're back playin'.:bassist:

9. MIJ-VI

Jan 12, 2009
    That's GREAT news mattq! :hyper: Reading your post just made my morning! :)

No equity in life trumps the dividend derived from investing in friends!

--------

What I did to improve the odds of recovering stolen gear was to photograph each piece in detail, including shots of the serial numbers & any unusual features, and then condense everything into a .pdf file which could be distributed to police departments as an e-mail attachment/serve as a convenient source of photos & descriptive info for posting to Internet forums.

As well, slipping a business card, or piece of paper with your name & e-mail on it, under pick-guards and in amp chassis where it can be found by repairmen and/or used to prove your ownership of any recovered stolen property is a good idea I read about recently.

Discussing & establishing a security protocol with your band mates would useful too.

--------

To paraphrase a saying in the PC community...

"There are two kinds of computer users: those who have lost data, and those who will."

10. RedLeg

RedLeg Supporting Member

Jan 24, 2009
    Kaiserslautern, Germany
    Nov Shmoz Ka Pop?
    it is a shame riverside is turning into san bernardino with tweakers. Rancho is my home town. I would check pawn shops in fontana, bloomington, rialto, norco, and elsinore

11. Thingus995

Thingus995

May 30, 2008
    im in temecula, will keep my eyes peeled in my vicinity and music store travels

12. mattq

mattq

May 23, 2006
    Santa Cruz, CA
    thanks you guys. you've been awesome in wanting to help a fellow musician out. those are some really good tips MIJ. especially the card under the pickguard thing. here's the latest update on everything. my cop buddy has looked into some information i received via an ad i put on craigslist about the stolen gear. so far, it seems very likely that at the very least the guy that stole it will be caught. as for the gear, who knows. it's already been almost two full weeks and i don't expect some tweeker to hang on to stuff like that very long. but maybe we'll be able to track it down after that. either way, i'm WAY investing insurance this time around. holy hell that would have saved me some undue heartache

13. MIJ-VI

Jan 12, 2009
    A load-in/load-out security protocol tip & tale from TalkBass member FFTT:

14. Memitim

Memitim

Mar 30, 2009
    Orange City, FL
    Dude, I grew up in Riverside in the 80s and early 90s. We got robbed constantly, and we were poor so I have no idea why anyone would bother. But our aluminum cans for the recycling center were always getting stolen, I never had a bike for more than a few weeks, our house was broken into many times, hell, even our house plants got stolen. Then, of course, there was the occasional mugging or gang stomping. I never got messed up too bad but my buddy Jerry got crushed something fierce once when someone decided to kick him off of his bike on the way home from school and throw him a beating. It was a beautiful day when I shipped off to boot camp and never had to see that meth hole again.

Good luck in getting your gear back, mattq. And thanks for the good advice that other people have provided in this thread.

15. two fingers

two fingers Opinionated blowhard. But not mad about it. Gold Supporting Member

Feb 7, 2005
    Eastern NC USA
    You can type in your stuff at www.searchallcraigs.com . It will bring up ALL of the stuff that fits your description on ANY Craigs List. Good luck!!!!

16. Chances are the culprit is closer to you than you think. They knew you had the gear. my next door neighbor had just opened up a vintage guitar shop in new orliens rite before katrina hit,He was looted for thousands of dollars in gear. But with the net these days your chances are better than ever, even if it takes a while keep your eyes open, even the best thieves slip up! best of luck bro! P.S. you find the crook and need some help calls us up we are ready!