1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

They're heeere...

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Blackjac97, Jan 10, 2017.

1. Nice! Glad I got my 300e from this year's crop, I see they dropped the candy apple red. That blue is purdy tho!

Blackjac97 likes this.
  2. RickyT

RickyT

May 29, 2015
    Dee Why
    My god that single cut BTB is hideous :vomit:

3. DocShocker

DocShocker

Jan 31, 2015
    Michigan
    That SRH505f...... Spruce top, semi-hollow, piezo loaded fretless. That is some tasty-looking stuff right there.

gebass6, bholder, YosemiteSam and 7 others like this.
  4. sourwookie

sourwookie

Jul 31, 2013
    I'm intrigued with the SRH semi hollow series. What does it weigh? How much acoustic ambience do the piezos provide? As a jazz bassist that plays 3 hour gigs regularly I'm interested.

5. Blackjac97

Blackjac97 Supporting Member

May 27, 2012
    Maine
    To each his own I guess, that's my favorite one in the group :smug:

6. Blackjac97

May 27, 2012
    Maine
    Yeah, hopefully neck dive doesn't become an issue as well. But it sure is an interesting concept.

7. Blackjac97

May 27, 2012
    Maine
    I got a 305E in Autumn Fade. I might just have to get the blue fade to match...

8. sourwookie

sourwookie

Jul 31, 2013
    I'm seriously considering a SRH. I'm having a piezo bridge installed in my Modern Players J this week, so I can give the idea a test run first.

9. Siggy

Siggy Supporting Member

Mar 15, 2003
    Columbus Ohio
    I've been wanting a piezo fretless for a while. I'd like to try a SRH500F but don't care that much for the board markers and the body color.

Matthew_84 likes this.
  10. I didn't realize it was a faintly lined board and had dot inlays on the face of the fingerboard until you pointed it out... I'm a little less interested now to be honest, but I'm looking forward to sound clips.

I'm pretty stoked about the 6 string SRF... On the Ibanez forum a few months (maybe a year ago) I questioned why not, especially since the piezo system in the 4 and 5 string models were built to handle up to 7 strings... I guess they were waiting to see how sales of the 4/5 strings were. It seems unlikely they developed a 7 string piezo system just for the hell of it.

Last edited: Jan 11, 2017
  11. Pumpkin

Pumpkin

May 19, 2016
    I'm glad I got my BTB before the switch. I'm all for layered tops, but that just doesn't look quite right and the deep twilight flat finish is killer (imo). Curious why they switched from Nordstrand p'ups to Aguilar p'ups in the top models.

12. BlueShox

BlueShox Registered Turtle Supporting Member

Jul 14, 2007
    Lexington, SC
    [​IMG]

Need

gebass6, twinjet, bassbooty and 5 others like this.
  13. StevieMac

StevieMac Supporting Member

Mar 17, 2005
    Vancouver, BC
    ^ yeah I like that a LOT. I'll take a 4 string but man, that looks like it could be a winner.

14. lowendblues

lowendblues Supporting Member

Oct 8, 2004
    Ohio
    That 6 banger is bad to the bone!

15. Blackjac97

May 27, 2012
    Maine
    The BTB or the SR?

16. Whoever thought of putting a yellow back on this should be fired immediately.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

gebass6, RickyT, bassbooty and 3 others like this.
  17. lowendblues

lowendblues Supporting Member

Oct 8, 2004
    Ohio
    the single cut.

18. Pumpkin

Pumpkin

May 19, 2016
    [​IMG]
    Can't decide if I love this look, or hate this look. Leaning towards love.

19. Man I really dig that Pearl Black Fade finish. Damn.