1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Thin strip for laninating

Discussion in 'Luthier's Corner' started by pudge, Feb 19, 2016.

Tags:
  1. pudge

pudge Supporting Member

Sep 13, 2008
    NY
    Where is a good source for buying thin strips in the size used for laminating a bolt on style body?Standard and exotics.I don't have access to a full woodshop anymore.Kinda like in this pic.
    thanks
    C.J.
    IMG_2316.JPG

2. Hopkins

Hopkins Supporting Member Commercial User

Nov 17, 2010
    Houston Tx
    Owner/Builder @Hopkins Guitars
    The finest lines can be achieved with some maple veneer. You will need equipment for the other ones.

3. HaMMerHeD

HaMMerHeD Supporting Member

May 20, 2005
    Norman, OK, USA
    LMII sells some strips of various (and limited) woods and thicknesses for laminating necks. But it's damned expensive to go that route. You could buy wood and a used thickness planer cheaper than you can construct a nice looking laminated neck by sourcing your materials from LMII.

4. pudge

pudge Supporting Member

Sep 13, 2008
    NY
    I have veneers,maple,rosewood ect. for the fine lines.Even have maybe some we dyed at my friends shop.I bought a bunch of "shorts one time from someone at the mimf.He was a supporter or advertiser,but I didn't see him there anymore.Myabye LARRY if onyone has any idea who that is.

5. pudge

pudge Supporting Member

Sep 13, 2008
    NY
    I just found some old info I had written on some wood.I got the laminating strips from LARRY at GALLERY HARDWOODS

6. Beej

Beej

Feb 10, 2007
    Victoria, BC
    Larry's retired and from what I understand, Gallery's no more, although their website from 2011 is still up: Gallery Hardwoods

7. pudge

pudge Supporting Member

Sep 13, 2008
    NY
    Oh sh*t