Things bassist hate.

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by yaboiimizz, Jan 20, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Not really, I only know how to play like 3 chords on a guitar.

2. This happened to me for the first time at a Judas Priest gig. They had just come on and played a belter of an opener, when some teenager shouts "PLAY FREEBIRD." whoever heard that glared at him.
    Headbangers. I hate OTT headbangers. At that Judas Priest gig, when the second support were on (Queensryche) some guy in a sleeveless vest, skinny jeans and hair which stunk of sweat and beer decided to do a massive windmill/headbanging combo, resulting in me getting hit in the face a fair few times, and stinking of sweat.
    However, he left by the time Priest were on. He left the venue...
    I went on to have a great night. I managed to catch Ritchie Faulkner's pick! (after it hit someone in the eye).

3. Papa Dangerous

Papa Dangerous

Feb 1, 2011
    I hate people like this. If they think they can just swing there fists as there way of dancing... I will swing mine back at them, but not in an attempt to dance - or whatever you want to call it.

4. Mosh dancing ftw!

5. B0SSB3AT5

B0SSB3AT5

Mar 25, 2010
    This is a little specific to my situation. And may be relevant to others. As a worship bass player I tend to hear nothing more than a driving sound in contemporary Christian songs. When we introduce a new song at Church I know that I will have no problem learning it in a few minutes time. I'd like to be challenged every once and a while within the songs we play at church. Sure I'll spruce up the song to whatever I want but when Im listening to the radio or whatever some nice groovy lines would be nice. Maybe I should go back to gospel playing.

6. Fretless1!

Fretless1!

Feb 19, 2007
    I feel you.

Actually, our PL does a good job of mixing up styles. I have thought a few times about going to play in harder, more contemporary Praise bands but was afraid I'd get stuck playing stuff like you're talking about all the time.

7. Just found out K.K. left the band right before this upcoming final tour after reading your post and wondering who this "Ritchie" guy is... :(

8. Me and my dad found out K.K. retired the day after the tickets were bought. The gig was still a laugh. It was quite cramped, and my hand MAY have connected with a bald person's head. Accidentally!

9. Menno

Menno

Feb 21, 2011
    The Netherlands
    I don't care much for hate topics, but calling it hate... neh.

10. bassbombs84

bassbombs84

Dec 26, 2008
    Met a guy once, found out we were both bassists, guy asks me " but do you REALLY play bass???".....

How do you REALLY play bass???

11. Maybe play on a poser level?
    (coughpetewentzcough)

12. maybe he plays a big plastic fish :D

13. Hobobob

Hobobob Don't feed the troll, folks.

Jan 25, 2011
    Camarillo, CA
    You mean Billy the Big Mouth Bass? [​IMG]

14. I play guitar properly...should I hide? :bag:

15. C20Dog

C20Dog

Oct 5, 2011
    What's the hardest thing about being a jazz bassist???
    Telling your parents you're gay
    I hate it when it's not grooving.

PS I'm a jazz bassist
    PPS I'm not gay
    PPPS I have nothing against gay
    PPPPS I have several gay friends
    PPPPPS **** maybe I am gay!

16. Hey, I play jazz! :spit:

:p

17. C20Dog

C20Dog

Oct 5, 2011
    Yeah that's what I was saying. I am a jazz bassist too. I first heard that joke as. "What's the hardest thing about roller blaring?"
    "Telling your parents you're gay."
    I was just sharing some light humor in the hate corner. Although I do hate it when it's not grooving

18. C20Dog

C20Dog

Oct 5, 2011
    Oops! Roller Blading ...

19. :)

20. Papa Dangerous

Papa Dangerous

Feb 1, 2011
    I hate when people "that is a cool/phat/insert adjective beat"

YOU MEAN RHYTHM! BAH! GAH! PUH! ARG! RAWR!

I did not know counting to 4 over and over was cool! :scowl:

21. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 23, 2021

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.