Things I cannot do with my GT6B!!!! HELP, please!!!!

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by andruca, Apr 21, 2004.

1. andruca

Mar 31, 2004
    Madrid (Spain)
    Hi everybody!!

Well, this is my problem. I have a Boss GT-6B pedalboard and I'm not able to mix wah with the dry bass signal. Some of the effects have separate parameters for direct level and effect level, but this one doesn't. This is killing me, because besides all the cool features of this device, it isn't capable of the wah sounds I like, because of this. I don't know what to do (besides buying a Q-Tron or Bass MicroSynth). I'm looking back to recover my old ME-8B because of it's noticeable better synth bass and mixable wah. Running through my amp's effects loop is not an option as I need the pedalboard's full compression features. The only thing I imagined is to do some trick with an A/B selector pedal, so amp receives pure pedalboard signal or pedalboard+bass signal (I think this will involve a splitter and a mixer too).

Any ideas? Did anyone achieve a cool wah sound without losing all the brightness (as I experience when using the LPF mode in T-Wah/A-Wah).

Thanks so much for your help...

2. NJL

Apr 12, 2002
    San Antonio
    you may want to do a search for the gt-6b Yahoo forums - that site has a lot of info.

3. andruca

Mar 31, 2004
    Madrid (Spain)
    Certainly I'm suscribed to this group and participate actively on it. No one answered me this and in fact no one seems to care around there. For me it's too disapointing. Thanks anyway...

4. lbanks

Jul 17, 2003
    Ennui, IN USA
    Maybe 2 of them and A/B box, or try a Behringer V-amp Pro and a Behringer FCB-1010 MIDI foot controller. It has a setup which allows one ch. with effects and the other clean/w modeling.....

(sometimes you have to be patient around here; people sleep late....:D)
  5. dirtgroove

Jan 10, 2003
    Taipei, Taiwan
    I used to have a similar problem... there were certain things I adored about my gt6b and others that I could live without. I was going insane as to what to do about it.
    I found a solution though (Mr DavidMWilson I salute you! :D)
    Get a switcher that allows you to run two channels at once...
    -run you rignal into an a/b switchbox (the boss one is good
    - have two outs coming from the a/b box. One clean and
    one to the gt6.
    - the signals then go back into the a/b box (where you
    can blend both tones)
    - go out from the ab/box to your amp/wherever.

I hope this isn't confusing. There's an option on the boss a/b box to use a+b. This is the one I use.

This way my signal splits into two. One half goes through the gt6 and back to the a/b. the other one goes into a deep impact, digitech x synth/filter,then a compressor and back to the a/b.
    It means having to get down on your knees from time to time to adjust the volumes for each channel but it's absolutely worth it.
    ...meandering off topic...
    A few days ago I discovered heaven(again). Loop a bunch of noises on the gt6b and have the loop running continuosly but with the a/b signal turned down.
    play your bass through the other channel doing something simple enough that you can play just with your fretting hand- is hammeron/pulloff.
    Use your other hand to fade in the gt6b loop over the top of it increasing and decreasing the volume's- until the rest of your band are left hypnotised/speechless...

...then count the seconds before you hear the sentence "I didn't know you could do that with a bass". :rolleyes:
    This will be you -> :bassist: :cool:
    This will be your guitarist-> :crying: