things in my life that are not fair

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by superbassman2000, Dec 14, 2003.

1. well, let me first give some background, my dad got me into music a few years ago, he plays guitar, i play bass, we used to jam a lot until his job relocated him a while back. anyways, i used to always talk about victor wooten and how good he is. my dad being the world's biggest clapton fan didn't really know much about jazz bass virtuosos. anyways i was talking to him on the phone and he said a coworker invited him to see a jazz band about an hour away. I asked who it was and he told me it was some bela fleck or something like that, but he didn't really want to go. AAAHHHH! I told him he better go or i'll never call him again. wow victor wooten live. quote pink floyd, how i i wish i was there! well, dad was impressed, and i'm jealous. well, i guess i'll just go andlisten to my wooten cd now :bawl:
  2. Oysterman

Mar 30, 2000
    That's tough. But hey...
    14 million people live on the edge of starvation in Ethiopia.

Feel better now? ;)
  3. I guess

I still want to see bela fleck though
  4. Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    Yay for unfairness. It snowed like mad all around here, but missed my town. An hour north of me got 2 feet, i got 2 inches.
  5. the snow teased me.

It snowed inch. I thought we were gonna have off tomorrow,maybe 2 hours late. But no! it cleared up quick and now it's a nasty slushy mess...this is depressing:bawl:
  6. SuperDuck

Sep 26, 2000
    Which show was your dad at? I just saw the Flecktones in Milwaukee yesterday night.
  7. Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    You thought you were going to get off for an inch? Ha.
  8. James Hart

James Hart

Feb 1, 2002
    Endorsing Artist: see profile
    • Free concerts
    • Missed concerts
    • Ethiopians
    • Snow
    • Slush
    • Milwalkee
    • School closings

*scratches head*

Misc or OT or Misc or OT or the Lounge.....

or Misc...

*flips shiny quarter in the air*

Off-Topic it is!
  9. Whining about your life on a bass guitar forum is JUST NOT FAIR!
  10. Thor

Thor Moderator Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Ha ha haaaaa ummmmm

where the heck IS 'Milwalkee'? :D
  11. things in my life that are not fair:

girls :meh:
  12. James Hart

James Hart

Feb 1, 2002
    Endorsing Artist: see profile
    Like 3400+ others as per my Google search... I spelled it Fo-Net-Ic-Ly :rolleyes:

Sorry I missed it in my re-read :p
  13. yeah he went to the milwaukee show...btw, sorry if this post is talking about snow and stuff like that, but i only was talking about victor wooten, only with the hopes of one person saying, "that sucks" maybe a person saying, "yeah, i went to that and he was awesome"and then the thread would be sent to thread heaven (page 45 or 46) and that would be that. :) so in conclusion, sorry about the snow (I have the same problems up here, it snows like crazy and we still have school although they haven't even plowed to roads yet )and i still want to see victor wooten live!
  14. Mike Money

Mike Money Banned

Mar 18, 2003
    Bakersfield California
    Avatar Speakers Endorsing Hooligan
    Back off, buddy.

I'm the resident bitcher.
  15. SuperDuck

Sep 26, 2000
    Well, if it makes you feel any better, he was awesome. :D He sampled and looped probably a dozen total tracks of himself in real time- it was a trip.

They also did a Christmas carol medley that blew my mind. The levels of musicianship in the band are staggering.

16. now that is sad...:p
  17. hahhahahahhaa *dies*

its not fair that ive slept 6 hours in the past 3 days, and that was from 10am-4pm today

i hate finals :(
  18. Yeah, well I have a liver disease, a bad gall bladder, and eventual chance of having to replace my left kidney.

Quit your bitching.
  19. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

That is so wrong!:D
  20. well,last year 13 buses crashed due to a super indenant's "mistake" for not giving us off.

57 students died,2 drives,and 210+ injured.