1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Things like this make me feel like giving up on society

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by bassinplace, Jun 27, 2012.

1. bassinplace

bassinplace

Dec 1, 2008
    When I see banner ads for t-shirts that say, "I pooped today". Of course it's tightly clinging to a well endowed woman with a glean of disconcerted sexiness on her mug. Really? Is this what it's coming to folks? I mean just, ugh. Thoughts? :rollno:

2. Bloodhammer

Bloodhammer Twinkle Twinkle Black Star

Jul 7, 2009
    Shreveport, Louisiana
    Would you say that it OUTRAGES you?..........

3. MatticusMania

MatticusMania LANA! HE REMEMBERS ME!

Sep 10, 2008
    Pomona, SoCal
    It takes all kinds.

If that entertains someone, then it served a purpose.

Personally, Id never wear such a shirt.

Then again, Im currently wearing a shirt with a woman in sunglasses, veiled mouth (shes missing a lower jaw) covered in guns, bullets, and pills. It says Invisible Monsters.

A lot of people might not want to wear that.

4. I guess none of you have had kids.

It can be a big deal.

5. bluesblaster

bluesblaster

Jan 2, 2008
    Its all part of the great big whacky "Thanks for Sharing" society we live in...... isnt it FUN ? :rollno:

6. Could be worse, could be this:

[​IMG]

7. MJ5150

MJ5150 Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Apr 12, 2001
    Olympia, WA
    No, this is not what it's coming to. Perhaps there are some people who enjoy shirts like that, but I don't think it is cause for alarm. When I was in eight grade, we thought it was totally cool to buy brand new sweatshirts and then rip the sleeves off. Fads and trends come and go..

-Mike

8. Really? This is what makes you want to give up on society? A stupid T-shirt?
    Get real.

9. lowfreq33

lowfreq33

Jan 27, 2010
    Nashville
    Endorsing Artist: Genz Benz Amplification
    I read that book. Pretty original.

10. bassinplace

bassinplace

Dec 1, 2008
    Lol, no. Just disappoints.

11. bassinplace

bassinplace

Dec 1, 2008
    But see, I can respect that. There's some thought behind it.

No, sir. I don't like it.

Get off my lawn!

No it's the stupidity of said shirt and the blatant desparate flailing for attention of the lowest common denominator that it represents.

12. cheezewiz

cheezewiz Supporting Member

Mar 27, 2002
    Ohio
    Duh. Everyone knows pretty girls don't poop.

13. Not if their parents don't MAKE it a big deal.

My kids would have laughed at it, and if there had been any conversation about it, I'd just have said it was in poor taste.

Kids don't worry about stuff like that, it's their parents who get bent out of shape - and that's what makes kids decide it's important.

I have two wonderful daughters age 23 and 24 who grew up on a mix of humor that included Ren & Stimpy. We made no effort to shield them from such minor irritants as that T-shirt.

14. iJazz

iJazz

Jan 9, 2012
    Sussex, WI
    Rest assured, somewhere there's a website for that.

iJazz - At least it didn't say "My period started today."

15. bassinplace

bassinplace

Dec 1, 2008
    While I don't care in the least to hear about anyone's personal biological functioning processes, at least that might possibly be construed as having an element of intrigue and danger to it. Discussing personal defecation habits is really scraping the bottom of the non starter barrel. It's like saying, I drew breath today! Really? Good for you, but who cares?

16. LiquidMidnight

LiquidMidnight

Dec 25, 2000
    I made a half-joking remark in a thread here a week or so ago, stating that on TB, the general rule is if you don't have kids, then your opinion means nothing when it comes to anything being discussed, even music equipment.

I'm seriously starting to think that my comment was actually pretty accurate. :rollno: Perhaps we need something in our profile that lets others know if we have children or not so our general credibility can be assessed when we post.

Typical Talkbass Discussion:

Alter: I really liked Duck Dunn's bass line on Green Onions.

Ego: Do you have any children of your own?

Alter: Well...no...but I don't see how such a courtier's reply is really validating regarding the discus...

Ego: Then you're not in a position to have an opinion.

:rolleyes:

17. Watch it.

18. I've seen it multiple times. When you slap an image with a caption across the torso of a well endowed woman, there's no rhyme or reason to bother questioning it; she sure as hell didn't.

And a lot of things these days may as well say "I pooped today" as well. Because that's generally what a lot of it seems to be.

19. hover

hover

Oct 4, 2008
    Massachusetts
    It's just an ironic tee shirt on a hot babe to get you to notice.

That's it.

It's not a pock mark on society, it's a gold star on commerce.

They know what helps sell and they push it. Basic stuff.

IF you were inclined to like and buy such shirts, would you click the ad if it was modeled by a really fat dude in the ad? Of course not.

20. jaywa

jaywa

May 5, 2008
    Iowa City, IA
    Meh... it's nothing more banal than the kind of stuff people are tweeting about dozens of times a day.

I actually have less of a problem with the T-shirt than with Twitter.