Things Needed for TB Atlanta - Please Read!

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Hambone, Sep 9, 2002.

1. Here's a quick schedule for time management. This will depend on weather but it should keep things moving:

12:00 - 2:00 Load In/Setup
    2:00 - 5:00 Meet, greet, tell lies, jam
    5:00 - 7:00 Food!
    7:00 - ? More lies, chopfest, ogle & paw

And here's the basic grub lineup along with what I would like to add to it:

Marinated Beer Butt Chickens
    Roasted Corn on the Cob
    Sweet Potato Souffle'
    Soft Drinks

Now for the other items. I'll put the list here and as you contact me through PM, email or phone, I'll update what's been taken so that we won't have a bunch of duplications. Here's the list. Assume that the portions should cover about 12-18 folks:

Green Salad - covered by Dave Siff
    Pasta Salad - covered by John Turner
    Bread or Rolls - covered by Lisa Weiss
    Dessert - covered by Stingrayguy
    Crunchy type munchie 1 - covered by Muggsy
    Crunchy type munchie 2 - covered by Lisa Weiss
    Finger food 1
    Finger food 2
    Dip 1
    Dip 2

Dinner Plates (we've got the rest)
    4 bags of ice
    1 larger type cooler - covered by Stachio
    Folding chairs (4 - 6) - covered by Xush

Of course, if you want to bring something personal or extra that's fine too. I figure that dinner will be on the board between 5:30 and 6:00 so if you are bringing something for the spread you'll need to get it here sometime earlier.

We're gettin' close guys, just a few more things and it'll be finished!
  2. john turner

john turner You don't want to do that. Trust me. Staff Member Administrator

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    put me down for pasta salad
  3. bassmonkeee

bassmonkeee Supporting Member

Sep 13, 2000
    Decatur, GA
    I'll take care of rolls, and bread.
  4. I'll bring a gigantic green salad.
  5. Thanx Dave, any chance that Ms. Siff will come to the soiree' - if my wife can take us, it should be a breeze for her ;)
  6. Heh.. sadly, she won't be there. Just not her cup of tea. Plus, she's in real estate and Sunday is open house day. I will try to have fun without her. :D

I'm going to hell.
  7. john turner

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    of course, mrs. turner will be there. :D poor girl, she always has to go to these things :D :rolleyes:
  8. bassmonkeee

Sep 13, 2000
    Decatur, GA
    Who else are you gonna con into helping you carry those misfits of nature...I strings....

My girlfriend's response? "What, and miss football? Are you nuts?":eek:
  9. Jon Burnet

Jon Burnet

Jan 21, 2001
    Memphis, TN
    my wife is making it too. i truly feel sorry for her. but she wants to be there so more power too her. hey hammy i will check the list again friday before i leave and try to cover what evers left.
  10. Say Ray, you've got enough to bring and with the traveling and all, don't worry about it. Just arrive safely without all the hassle. :)

There won't be anything too big that we can't handle it down here.
  11. Woodchuck

Apr 21, 2000
    Atlanta / Macon (sigh)
    Gallien Krueger for the last 12 years!
    I'll be knee deep in recording, but I can pull away for abount an hour or so. Unfortunately, I'll only be able to bring one bass, so it'll be the new Stage 1, so you guys can check out the revamped MEC's. Also, I'll bring a fingerfood. Any suggestions?
  12. john turner

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    oh, btw, i'll be bringing my new bass. just thought you guys should know.

13. Chuck, it's up to you. These smaller dishes and snacks are more for the fact that there won't be a lunch. With dinner between 5 and 7pm major munchies are liable to ensue. Don't want no one to go 'way hongry!
  14. JohnL

Sep 20, 2000
    Grayson, GA
    Hammy, I'll bring some (yet to be determined)munchies as well. I'll be arriving mid-afternoon and unfortunately will have to leave early, but I'll bring sumptin'! Hmm...let's see what's in the ol' pantry...

- A can of Spam (left over from the bachelor days)
    - The rest of that spinach-n-salsa dip (wonder why nobody ate any at my last party...?)
    - Peanut butter-n- pickel finger sandwiches
    - My special recipe for punch (Fruit juice, ginger ale, and Scope; quenches the thirst and leaves your breath minty fresh)
    - and the old family favorite: Rabbit au gratin des gelatin, under tooled leather.

My mouth (not to mention my eyes) are watering even as I type!

see you guys there!
  15. punkfunkfreak

Dec 16, 2001
    awwww...jhon is making a nice pasta salad.

16. bassmonkeee

Sep 13, 2000
    Decatur, GA
    Okay, I'm confused. I said I would take care of bread and rolls (see the 3rd post in this thread), but your list has Lisa Weiss listed next to bread and rolls.

Which is it? Should I plan on bringing something else?
  17. Both of you got volunteered at nearly precisely the same time. I didn't bother to choose because I like bread! :D

If you want to, you can bring something else. I think there are dips and a vegetable left.
  18. Also a reminder to bring your swimsuits! The new pump is in and the water is a refreshing 80º. A quick dip is just what the doctor ordered when it gets a bit sticky.
  19. No can do! Aside from the obvious atrocity that would be :eek: I just got a new tattoo, and can't soak it yet!