Things on the ESP F-255 (case, active, etc)

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Turbo, Dec 22, 2004.

1. Turbo

Mar 17, 2004
    First off, I am getting an ESP F-255 for Christmas since my birthday is 13 days after it will be sort of a "mixed gift".

What cases will fit the 255?

And, correct me if I'm wrong, this will be my first active bass, so how often should I change the battery and how do I do so?
  2. Kheos

Aug 12, 2002
    you should chang it before every gig(you don't wanna crap out when you're soloing, no sir!!) and every time your sounds start to barf, and sound all muddy(allways blame the battery. You didn't play that piece al wrong, your battery just went dead. That wasn't offkey, it was just your battery!!)
  3. pookeymp

Oct 16, 2002
    Hey Turbo,

Congratulations in advance...that's a very nice bass. I bought one for my son last Christmas and he loves it...I play it myself from time to time. I know you'll love it.

Here is a link to one site that has the ESP form-fitting hardshell case for this bass:

You can find this at other places, as well. You can also order it from your dealer.

In terms of changing batteries, from one bass to another, battery consumption may be different, and it also depends on how much the bass is used. I gig from 1 to 2 times a week, so it wouldn't be practical to change batteries before every gig. Two of my main basses I play almost daily and use at my gigs. I change the batteries in them about every 6 months and this works well. I recommend unplugging your instrument when not playing and in-between sets at a gig, as your battery is being drained while plugged in.

I always keep a spare battery with me just in case, but keeping my bass unplugged when not in use and swapping in new alkalines every 6 months has done the trick for me.