things rogues are good for

Discussion in 'Bass Humor & Gig Stories [BG]' started by Discrepancy, Jan 23, 2001.

1. someone sugggested I should start a thread on things Rogues are good for. I'll let you people think of ideas I only have grind it up and use it for toilet paper.
  2. jcadmus

Apr 2, 2000
  3. Firewood is good, also try using them to beat the crap out of the person who hates you because you are in a cool band and he isn't
  4. whittling little wooden ducks and fish?
  5. the only thing rogues are good for is to cover a The Who song and at the end smash it to pieces.
  6. Keep it by your door in case a burgler tries to rob yor house. That or a gun, i guess rogues are useless.
  7. Blackbird

Blackbird Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 18, 2000
    Apparently, Rogues are great topic fodder for new TalkBass members.

Discrepancy, dude, you've already created at least two threads about Rogue basses. Maybe you should try to go for a little variety in your posts.

Someone suggested this thread? Hmmm...:rolleyes:

Will C.:cool:
  8. bassics

Nov 27, 2000
    Newark, Ohio
    ....Propping up that corner on your cabinet where some "helpful" butt-monkey of a roadie ripped a caster off.
  9. Being moved to the Bass Humor forum... :D
  10. Aw shucks, you beat me to it.

My second choice would be a boat oar.
  11. backtoschool

Oct 24, 2000
    I usually keep one next to the toilet just incase the toilet get backed up or I need to wipe my a$$
  12. Pounding in tent stakes

Pounding in nails

Substitute baseball bat

Substitute shovel

Strip off the strings and you have spare weed-eater line

Earth tamper

Wall hanging (just kidding)

Turning into compress board

Rock on
  13. Bruce Lindfield

Bruce Lindfield Unprofessional TalkBass Contributor Gold Supporting Member

Well you can only write about the things you have experience of, I suppose! ;)
  14. I have never used a Rogue, I just wanted to know why they are so cheap.

15. :eek: Getting defensive now, are we? :p j/k
  16. tdogg

Jan 17, 2001
    Brooklyn Park, MN
    you could "El Ka-Bong" somebody with it!!!!!
    El Ka-Bong (ell-ku-baw-ng)verb,1. the act of kabonging in the grand form bash somebody stupid over the head with a crappy guitar, breaking the guitar in the process

WARNING: do NOT try this at home, it is highly dangerous (do it at your friends house)
  17. Gabu

Jan 2, 2001
    Woodland Hills, CA
    I have the acoustic 5 stringer by Rogue. I like my Rogue bass. It gives me some mucho stylin punchy tunage.

So... if any of you all are having probs with your remaining rogue gear pls feel free to ship it on over to me where it will get all of the love and use it needs. :p
  18. gothbass

Jan 15, 2001
    I found a quasi-usefulness for rogue basses. First, screw some roller skate brakets onto the body. Second, attach a small leather strap on the head (you can use the strings, but come on, it's the bass that sucks not the strings). Last, hop on and skate down to the music store to buy yourself a decent instrument.

WARNING: This is a good way to cause bodily harm to yourself or somebody else in your way. Rogue basses can't really stop on a dime.
  19. What does that have to do with piece o' crap basses.