Things that make you go "Hmmmmm..."

Discussion in 'Luthier's Corner' started by JSPguitars, May 20, 2006.

1. JSPguitars

JSPguitars

Jan 12, 2004
    Grass Valley
  2. JSPguitars

JSPguitars

Jan 12, 2004
    Grass Valley
    Yeah, I guess. I mean my first reaction was, 'hell, it's a bolt-on neck, just build him another freakin' neck".......
    Then I read GMW's response and just got really confused.
    :eyebrow:

3. JSPguitars

JSPguitars

Jan 12, 2004
    Grass Valley
    Nice breakdown Smash. Thx.:smug:

4. Akami

Akami Four on the floor Supporting Member

Mar 6, 2005
    日本/Alyeska
    Wow, I just read the whole story and for anyone interested, here is the entirety of the Q/A from his ebay auction for the fingerboard and the first response is from John Walker at Jackson Guitars who this Lee at GMW who tries to validate the poor fingerboard replacement by disparaging Jackson and saying that they too repair fingerboards in this manner.:scowl:

5. Thonk

Thonk

Sep 14, 2003
    UK
    Just goes to show you should put it right first time someone complains as the world is'nt as small as it used to be

im guessing the Lee guy from GMW thought he'ed get away with this guy complaining to a forum,friends and local music stores about the ****ty work they did & i think his use of evilbay is a great way to let millions of fellow musicians know that they should give GMW a wide birth,just think how much future bussiness GMW has lost through this and all over a job that would have taken 10 hours tops :eyebrow: as they say "pide comes before a fall" i wonder how proud of the work he is now

This kind of reminds me of that bad spray jobby some guy on the bass forum had done on his Sadowsky a few years ago it as i recall it was'nt untill Roger Sadowsky got involed that it got sorted to his satisfaction

6. Musiclogic

Musiclogic Commercial User

Aug 6, 2005
    Southwest Michigan
    Owner/Builder: HJC Customs USA, The Cool Lute, C G O
    Just a thought...no matter how hard up you are for some positive cash flow< NEVER Screw a customer....it does more harm than good e.g. This thread, and the roundabout on ebay...LOL I am no inlay master, and have learned to stay within my capabilities as far as doing inlay, maybe this guy should have done the same. There are many great inlay artists who can do the job for you when needed.

The Veneer overlay is hilarious. In 22 years, I can't say I have ever seen that done....LMAO

7. Geoff St. Germaine

Geoff St. Germaine Commercial User

That's just appalling. That guy got totally screwed by GMW. The fact that this Lee fellow won't fix it because he doesn't like the customer is probably one of the worst examples of customer service I've ever heard of. Wow...

8. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 18, 2021