Things that make you go 'ooooo'....

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Happynoj, Sep 22, 2009.

1. Happynoj

Happynoj

Dec 5, 2006
    UK
    I like turtles.
    Nails scraping down a blackboard sends a shiver down some people's spine. For some people, it is the feel of cotton wool against their skin, and for others, two pieces of polystyrene rubbing together. What does it for you?

For me, it happens when a piece of wet, unfinished wood touches my tongue/lips. You might ask - when the hell do you put pieces of wet, unfinished wood in your mouth? The answer? Lolly/popsicle sticks. I am always really careful eating them to avoid letting the stick touch the inside of my mouth.

2. [​IMG]

Oooooooo,followed by lots of projectile vomit. :scowl:

3. MadMan118

MadMan118

Jan 10, 2008
    Vallejo, CA
    Styrofoam. Sound, texture, color, composition.

4. The texture of raw tomato in my mouth makes me gag.

5. Jerose

Jerose

Nov 28, 2005
    Syracuse, NY
    Ugh I'm the exact same way when it comes to popsicle sticks. Just thinking about it makes my mouth uncomfortable. Its the reason I had to quit saxophone in the sixth grade.

6. Might I then interest you in this alarm clock :p

trouble-waking-up-in-the-morning.gif

7. EricF

EricF Habitual User

Sep 26, 2005
    Pasadena, CA
    The sound of my wife's voice saying, "We need to..."

Any sentence started this way means that I will soon be doing something difficult, uncomfortable, or repulsive. It also usually means that what ever I want to do is going to have to wait.

8. Happynoj

Happynoj

Dec 5, 2006
    UK
    I like turtles.
    :eek: I thought I was the only one!

9. Phalex

Phalex Semper Gumby Supporting Member

Oct 3, 2006
    G.R. MI
    The taste of minty vomit, thanks to the bottle of 100 proof schnapps my buddy Melsie fed me the night before with Wild Turkey for chaser.

That and tinfoil on fillings.

OOooooooo!

10. *What's the best _______ for _____ * threads.
    Hangovers.
    A kick in the groin.
    PMS.
    Finding yourself playing a song so badly you wish the train would wreck- but it doesn't(equally hard to watch).
    Jury duty.
    Stepping in something but not realizing it until you've unwittingly transferred it to the carpet.
    Hard-boiled egg/chopped steak burrito farts.

11. XtreO

XtreO

Jan 2, 2008
    Norway
    Exactly the same here. I hate eating ice-cream on a stick for that reason. The other thing I cannot stand, this one much more than the other, is sour milk. I'm litterally afraid of it, and have no idea why.

12. DeluxeRed

DeluxeRed

Jun 2, 2009
    Well...watching my wife's eye surgery on the Big Screen (so the eyeball was about 24 inches across) was pretty bad. I could handle the incision, and them roto-rootering the lens out (which she says is the neatest thing she's ever seen), and plopping in the new one and unfolding it and seating it, but...

The last thing they did was take a little sponge on the end of a needle and squeegied the inside of the cornea (the clear part) just like you would the windshield on your car. I swear I could even hear it squeek. Back and forth, up and down...

13. the sound when a piece of fabric runs over a surface with lines, like those holographic covers on notebooks, that sorta feeling.

plus my girlfriend screaming whenever something startles her/she seems a bug.
    and another thing that isn't PG enough for talkbass, not matter how I slice it. i'll give you a hint, thought, it involves taco bell and a girl I used to run around with, between the evil ex and the current girlfriend.

14. RHFusillo

RHFusillo Supporting Member

Mar 20, 2000
    Phoenix, AZ
    Getting examined by the urologist.

15. I have to plead the fifth on that one...

16. Tearing apart cottonballs.

17. Phalex

Phalex Semper Gumby Supporting Member

Oct 3, 2006
    G.R. MI
    Was that your pet rabbit's name?

18. Truktek2

Truktek2

Sep 5, 2008
    Queens, NY
    Blood tests. Just something about having a needle piercing my vein.

19. EricF

EricF Habitual User

Sep 26, 2005
    Pasadena, CA
    HA!!

20. L-A

L-A

Jul 17, 2008
    Eh?
    People chewing with their mouths open.

21. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 14, 2021