1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Things you don't often hear in Thrash Metal...........

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by cliffburtonfan, Jan 3, 2012.

1. This will probably turn into a 'metal is crap' slagging match but me and my band mates (thrash metal band) were having a discussion on things that you don't often hear in Thrash metal songs, I suggested solo bass peices as breakdowns (a la the clean breakdown in Master of Puppets only using bass, interesting bass obviously). Some other notable mentions were chord progressions in verses (normally its just riffs).

Obviously there are exceptions to the above, but I figured I'd open this up to the masses, what are some of the things you guys would like to hear in thrash metal that aren't often heard?

2. Darkstrike

Darkstrike Return Of The King!

Sep 14, 2007
    Bass.

3. P. Aaron

P. Aaron Supporting Member

The 1st Megadeth album; Killing is My Business is chock full of little bass fills that gave the record so much character. They weren't always that obvious which made it work so well. One run in The Chosen Ones is the most obvious. For guitar, bass, drums, and attitude, it is a great place to start.