1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Things you've bought, and never used.

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Joe Nerve, Mar 28, 2015.

1. Joe Nerve

Joe Nerve Supporting Member

Oct 7, 2000
    New York City
    Endorsing artist: Musicman basses
    While thinking about GAS, and things I've purchased over the years, it occurred to me that I have stuff I never touched. And I don't mean used once then put in the closet. I mean, never even opened. That creeps me out a bit :).

4 first things that come to mind (and there's more):

A Jam Hub (and a bunch of stereo cables I bought for it)
    A Meteor Mike
    One of those radio controlled helicopters they sell in malls (was a gift, but I asked for it)
    A big ass Casio keyboard (though I took that out of the box so it can collect dust)

Anyhow, I'll post more things as I think of them. Do you have things sitting in your house that never got touched? If so, rat yourself out here.

pedroims likes this.
  2. mmbongo

mmbongo Five Time World Champion Supporting Member

Aug 5, 2009
    Carolinas
    Box of condoms.

3. Joe Nerve

Oct 7, 2000
    New York City
    lol

4. 20db pad

20db pad

Feb 11, 2003
    I been everywhere, man...
    None. At all.
    Remember those ads for the Ronco Showtime Rotisserie Oven that used to run all night, every night on cable TV? I ordered one years ago and have never opened it yet.

Last edited: Mar 28, 2015
    tastybasslines likes this.
  5. bholder

bholder Affable Sociopath Supporting Member

Sep 2, 2001
    central NY state
    Received a gift from Sire* (see sig)
    Wow - think of the vintage as seen on TV collectors' value! :D

6. Fiset

Fiset I do a good impression of myself

Jan 13, 2007
    New York
    Picked up a Zoom Q2HD Video Recorder which is still sitting in its un-opened box in my music room. This thread reminded me of it.

Just went back to my Musiciansfriend account to look at my order history (interesting to revisit all of my old orders) and I bought that thing on June 16, 2013 after selling some pedal here. Guess its time to break that thing out today.

7. Gore-tex jacket and pants, for that mountain climbing trip I never went on
    Several books about how to play piano
    Book about home beer brewing
    probably lots more, that's just what comes to mind right now

8. knumbskull

knumbskull

Jul 28, 2007
    UK
    The concept of healthy living.

shawshank72 likes this.
  9. tastybasslines

tastybasslines Banned

May 9, 2010
    Los Angeles, CA
    A DI box, and cleats.

10. mapleglo

mapleglo Gold Supporting Member

Sep 7, 2013
    phoenix, az
    Recordable DVD's. We bought a "sleeve" of 25, and there is sits, collecting dust.

11. Most of my bass "how to" books.

Gotta do something about that.

12. Gorn

Gorn

Dec 15, 2011
    Queens, NY
    I bought a guitar a few years ago that I found at a yard sale for $20. I can't say I didn't use it because I played it for about 10 minutes before realizing it's not for me. I gave it to a neighbor's kid.

13. Joe Nerve

Oct 7, 2000
    New York City
    At the end the summer I bought 100 blank CDs. I had about 25 sitting at home, but figured what the hell since they were on sale. I liked to burn mixes when I'm recording things and pop the CDs in the car. Bought a new car a few months later that has no CD player, and plays mp3s. Realized only last week that I can't think of a single reason that I will ever need a blank CD again.

I like having lots of underwear so I can do the wash less often. I have a few pairs of underwear that have never been opened, because I have about 30 pairs :). I think I'm going to put on some new underwear tonight :).

I have a 57 Chevy car model that still has the plastic wrap on it.

14. FrenchBassQC

FrenchBassQC Supporting Member

Jul 13, 2011
    Gatineau QC CA
    A washing machine from my neighbor that has been used about 5 or 6 times. It is a top load but the machine is too deep for his wife and she couldn't reach the bottom so he I bought it from him. I'm waiting for my 17 year old one to die so I can install it.

15. JimK

JimK

Dec 12, 1999
    Sometime in the '90s, I had trouble finding jeans...I did/do not like 501s or loose fitting or baggy, etc. I was not going to cave in, either.
    Lately, the pickings have been better.
    As a result-
    My wife sez I have more Levis (stacked on shelves in our closet) than Macys.
    She would be correct.

16. Joe Nerve

Oct 7, 2000
    New York City
    :)

Which reminds me that I got a good deal on sneakers last year! The running shoes I like most. Bought a pair that are sitting in the box somewhere, but I know at least they WILL be used.

JimK likes this.
  17. Danomo

Danomo Guest

Apr 25, 2013
    I honestly can't think of anything I've bought myself and just left in the box and not even tried. Gifts I've recieved, yes... but purchased?

Maybe some garage sale stuff... Tubes and such, but I've either used or sold those eventually. Around 1990, I found a entire shoebox full of new Phillips 6L6's in a bigger box (fruit crate sized) of vinyl coated cloth 18 and 22 gauge wire... and a isolation transformer!

I paid 5 bucks for the box. The transformer went on my bench. I used some of the tubes years later in my old rig (5 years ago), after I sold that, I sold the rest with the wire to a Vintage repair shop on the north side.

18. mapleglo

mapleglo Gold Supporting Member

Sep 7, 2013
    phoenix, az
    Yeah, and I find clothes in the back of drawers that have never been worn, and still have the tags on them. Only to realize I've gained a few pounds since I bought them.

19. crucislancer

crucislancer Supporting Member

Dec 25, 2009
    Coeur d'Alene, ID
    I have a portable air compressor in the trunk of my car that I have never used, still in the box, never even tested it. Hope it works!

20. sissy kathy

sissy kathy Back to Bass-ics Gold Supporting Member

Apr 21, 2014
    Arbutus, MD
    Good luck with that; I bought mine in 1985