Think 8x10's are Cool?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by tplyons, Feb 9, 2004.

1. tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    They don't call these fridges for nothing!

Imagine all the beer your could keep in your rig!

It's old, but I was digging through Ampeg's stuff on Harmony Central and this is what came up:

Ampeg has turned its most famous product's infamous nickname, the SVT810 'fridge,' inside out by placing an actual functioning Crosley Refrigerator within an authentic SVT810E-style enclosure, complete with Tolex, grill cloth, logo, and all the typical SVT hardware, making it look exactly like the boxy amp bass players everywhere have relied on for decades.

Over the past few years, Ampeg has placed the "fridge" in rehearsal studios across the country; the response was so overwhelming that they decided to produce a limited run for sale and as a retail incentive. The "fridge" has already made it into the hands of a few performers, including Tim McGraw, who has made it part of his stage act.
  2. CaracasBass

Jun 16, 2001
    Madrid, Spain
    OOhhhh yeah!! I want ONE....... :cool:
  3. The 0x

The 0x

Aug 24, 2003
    Timonium, MD

I gotta get me one. :bassist:
  4. ojthesimpson

Jul 21, 2003
    Draper, UT
    I want one those much more then I want the real Cab
  5. kirbywrx

kirbywrx formerly James Hetfield

Jul 27, 2000
    Melbourne, Australia.
    ohhhhhhhh yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhh :cool:
  6. Stephen Soto

Stephen Soto

Oct 12, 2003

7. Audiosolace

Audiosolace Guest

Oct 8, 2002
    Knoxville, TN
    That could quite possibly be the coolest refrigerator I have ever seen! Rock on, Ampeg! Rock on!
  8. Subculture13

Subculture13 Jamming Econo

Apr 9, 2003
    Toronto, Ont. Canada
    supposedly they were selling them for awhile, to dealers anyway. I wouldn't be surprised to see one turn up on ebay one day. Too bad they didn't show a pic of it with the door more closed, to show that it actually looks like an Ampeg cabinet.

Kudos to Ampeg for keeping a sense of hunmour about their products. Between this and Ampegzilla they are just proving how cool they really are.
  9. tombowlus

tombowlus If it sounds good, it is good Gold Supporting Member

Apr 3, 2003
    North central Ohio
    Editor-in-Chief, Bass Gear Magazine
    Seeing as how I often get accused of both bringing too much gear to a show, AND drinking too much beer, I combined the best of both worlds and incorporated a mini fridge into my rig!

10. svt vault

svt vault

Dec 10, 2013
    I just bought one of these custom rigs.It does not have the frig in it any more but I am going to put one in.It has a serial # tag that says SVT VAULT serial #CMIDP90012.I bought it off a guy who won it from a music store in 2003.I will add some pics when I figure out how to do it.Does anyone have any info on these and how many where made or possible value.Thanks guys,I'm a new member
  11. BassmanPaul

BassmanPaul Gold Supporting Member

Aug 25, 2007
    Toronto Ontario Canada
    Do you realize this thread has been inactive for NINE years!!! :scowl:
  12. FiveOneSix

Dec 10, 2013
    new guys always bring up old posts hahahahaha
  13. basscooker

basscooker Commercial User

Apr 11, 2010
    cincy ky
    Marshall has one, too. Problem with theirs is anyone with some parts around could make the Marshall one out of any cheap dorm fridge.
    I will do this, eventually, but probably not as a marshall.