Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Think I can do it?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by rossmanning, Jun 14, 2005.

1. rossmanning

rossmanning

Jun 13, 2005
    I really, really, really, want to be a bassist! I yern to be a musician with a passion! I love music period! I am going to very soon, as in 2 weeks or less, be ordering a SX SJB-62QMD with a DRIVE 30w amp for around $200. Also, I will be buying an instructional DVD or somthing of that sort. Bass is just so awesome! I LOVE the way it sounds! I belive I have rythem as well. Even when there is no music, I create some in my head and my feet and fingers go crazy I tell you! Even the smallest beat makes me look like I am rocking out at ozz fest or somthing! When I was little, my sister always said how I had good rythem and she wanted it! I was thinking about drums, but it is too much for my brain to handle. I like bass better anyhow. Is it really hard to play bass? Is it somewhat easy to learn? If I practice alot, will I someday be decent? I really want to be a musician....BAD! The society is really awesome. People respect musicians for the most part. I love going to the local music shops and watching people jam! It feels nice and cozy in there! Like I belong! What do ya think guys? Think I got what it takes?!

-Ross :bassist: :bassist: :bassist:

2. BassyBill

BassyBill The smooth moderator... Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Mar 12, 2005
    West Midlands UK
    Good to hear you got rhythm - you'll need that!
    Drums too much for your brain to handle - what's that?
    Is bass easy to learn? Well, that sort of depends on the effort you put in. You can learn SOME bass easy for sure, but if you try and try to be as good as you can, well, that sort of means it's as hard as anything else, doesn't it?

Sounds like you're prepared to work at it and want to do it for the right reasons to me. Good luck with it - stick in there and you'll never be sorry that you're a musician. And.. Welcome to TalkBass.