1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

think I may have found one of my stolen basses on evil bay

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by mrniceguy715, Aug 29, 2007.

1. mrniceguy715

mrniceguy715

May 2, 2006
    oklahoma
    I was browsing the local basses and came accross a sx 5 string with the "flamed top" pearliod pg and gold hardware the seller didnt know the model number and is under the impression its an older bass. trying to see where they got it cause I am about 75% sure it was taken from my house in june

2. Good luck man! Keep us posted.

3. Baryonyx

Baryonyx Banned

Jul 11, 2005
    Marathon Man
    Yep, keep us updated. I hope you can recover this one!

4. mrniceguy715

mrniceguy715

May 2, 2006
    oklahoma
    checked as far back as ebay would let me o see if maybe the other bass ipod or xbox that where stolen mave have been sold by this person as well. no such luck that would be too easy

5. mrniceguy715

mrniceguy715

May 2, 2006
    oklahoma
    looking close I didnt see the serial but its just a sticker on the sx's but i am pretty sure and the strings lack silk just like the 10 week old dr lowriders that it was strung with

6. ggunn

ggunn

Aug 30, 2006
    Austin, TX
    That sux that they put the S/N on an easily removable sticker. I think I'd put some sort of identifying mark inside the control cavity if I had one like that.

7. Aren't serial numbers also placed within the jeck joint? I knwo a few of mine have them printed there.

Althoguh you won't be able to find that out unless you ask the seller to look there for it... likley nto goign to happen.

8. Gubna

Gubna

Oct 21, 2006
    San Francisco
    Can't you look at their feedback to see what other items they have sold?

9. I mark inside the control cavity and under the pickguard with an invisible UV pen. Name, house number and postcode...