1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Think I Need to Join Pedals Anonymous

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by BassBeginer64, Nov 3, 2018.

1. BassBeginer64

BassBeginer64 Supporting Member

Aug 6, 2018
    Riverside Ca
    Yup, think I have a problem, cant play worth a damn, but love effect pedals, keeps me practicing and from getting bored learning a new song, lets face it by the 20th time playing it, its kinda fun to add a pedal to break up the learning curve, getting a bit costly spent about $250 this weekend on 4 used pedals, about as bad a very good dinner and bar tab, so I blame the wife, if she made me take out tonight, I wouldnt have bought these pedals.............till Sunday.

2. Okay, pace yourself, set goals and reward yourself. Music is supposed to be play and fun but to be better we need knowlwdge, discipline and skills. Use those pedals as carrot and stick to motivate and reward yourself for practicing, learning and passing goals.
    i still do this to motivate my practice, I am working on arranging, practicing and recording some Bach cello works for my Mom about an hour a day. Then I get to play with my toys and create sounds and grooves as reward.

Robertron and speedball3 like this.
  3. alack

alack

Nov 20, 2000
    Florida
    And you're expecting to find help here? :roflmao:

I come here for the guaranteed enabling.

Wait!.......4 used pedals? That's 4 NUPD threads! You know the rule. No pics, no pedals.

4. BassBeginer64

Aug 6, 2018
    Riverside Ca
    I knew I loved this place!

5. BassBeginer64

Aug 6, 2018
    Riverside Ca
    Crap what the hell did I buy today, lets see a MXR Phaser 90, Boss BF-2 Flanger, TC Thunderstorm, and a MXR Micro Flanger , oh yeah a Pork Loin Mod Pedal, well that was this weekend so far, I am done, I think, still waiting on that Emperor Compressor from Thursday purchase. think I am done for a few weeks unless a neat or odd or unique pedal shows up for sale soon. FYI doing 3 pedal boards, one for home, one at work, and the lower cost pedals help my son and nephews out (yeah have 3 young adults into bass and guitar)

wmmj and mattbass6945 like this.
  6. cnltb

cnltb

May 28, 2005
    ...whatever gets you there...

7. alack

alack

Nov 20, 2000
    Florida
    When you listed the pedals I started to worry. That's a lot of redundant modulation pedals. But since they will reside on different boards and one is for your son and nephews, it all makes perfect sense. And even if they were all for you, different pedals sound different and can all inspire in different ways. As addictions go, it's a fairly benign one.

wmmj and BassBeginer64 like this.
  8. Robertron

Robertron

Feb 12, 2010
    NewYork, NY
    Don't let your musicianship suffer because you're too focused on gear.

Otherwise, as long as you're paying your bills on time, go for it.

BassBeginer64 and blip like this.
  9. You don’t want to join PA! Instead of days clean you get chips for number of pedals owned, bad bunch those guys are!

10. The bf2 js pretty good .the phase 90 and micro flanger have been in my possession for longer than most pedals. Pork Loin is on my list. You need a micro chorus to complete the mxr modulation trifecta.

11. vegas532

vegas532

Nov 10, 2006
    Pensacola, FL.
    Pedal Anonymous? That's cute!

Screen Shot 2018-11-04 at 8.12.38 PM. My problem. 25438652_10155406403489912_1857541189234761861_o.

Last edited: Nov 4, 2018
  12. BassBeginer64

Aug 6, 2018
    Riverside Ca
    I'm not worthy, I'm not worthy, I'm not worthy! Oh me likey that DOD Meatbox! damn thing is like 275- 300 still!
    No Wah pedals yet, yet
    I see you like FUZZ if you ever get bored with that meatbox bassmaster let me know

vegas532 likes this.
  13. somebrains

somebrains Supporting Member

Feb 7, 2017
    I treat gear like an illustrator treats drawing implements and or plugins for software.

Sometimes you avvrue a bunch of stuff bc you are exploring the possibilities of a hunch rather than line drawing out some paid work.

If you think you are going too far, we'll go check out someone that obsessively collects Beanie Babies or kids that need all the Fortnite skins and emotes.

wmmj, vegas532 and BassBeginer64 like this.
  14. AboutSweetSue

AboutSweetSue

Sep 29, 2018
    Lebanon, TN
    I’ll sponsor you. Let’s work through this together.

vegas532 likes this.