Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Think I ruined my Art LeVeLar

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Stinsok, Apr 18, 2004.

1. Stinsok

Stinsok Supporting Member

Dec 16, 2002
    Central Alabama
    At practice last night we were playing "Lights Out" and suddenly my bass was lights out (no sound.) I turned around and my levelar had fallen off the top of my amp to the floor. No cosmetic damage, but now when I let off the strings there is a very high pitched half second squeal. Bummer, I loved that thing.

2. Joe Smithberger

Joe Smithberger Supporting Member

Mar 8, 2002
    Canton, Ohio, USA
    Did you fry the tube? It should be easy to fix.

3. Stinsok

Dec 16, 2002
    Central Alabama
    I opened it up this morning to look at that and saw nothing wrong (everything in place and tube still intact.) I plugged it up, let it warm up and so far it is functioning perfectly. I think I might buy another tube just to be safe. Would a 12 AX7 be a good candidate to replace the existing tube?

4. Stinsok

Dec 16, 2002
    Central Alabama
    I put in a Groove Tubes GTECC83. Even cooler now!

5. Mattski

Mattski

Jan 6, 2003
    Cleveland, OH
    I tried a number of tubes in my LeVeLAr and decided on the Electro Harmonix 12AT7. Highly recommended.

I hope your compressor is OK. I love mine.

Good Luck

6. Stinsok

Dec 16, 2002
    Central Alabama
    It is better than ever. I love it's simplicity and it does not cut off highs and lows. The replacement tube costs half of what I paid for it but I would do it again if necessary.