Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Think I'm getting my Warwick today!

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by fastplant, Mar 10, 2003.

1. fastplant

fastplant

Sep 26, 2002
    Connecticut
    After years of drooling over it, I'm heading out tonight after work in hopes of actually purchasing a Warwick Thumb 5. I've been wanting one for years and finally I think I can afford one. Wish me luck!!

2. Jason Carota

Jason Carota Gold Supporting Member

Mar 1, 2002
    Lowell, MA
    Good luck! :) Which Thumb 5 is it?

3. yoshi

yoshi

Jul 12, 2002
    England, London
    Woo Hoo!

Good luck with it - don't forget to try playing it stood up, and dont be afraid to resist the tone if the neck dives a huge problem.

4. fastplant

fastplant

Sep 26, 2002
    Connecticut
    I've played enough of them that I know that won't be a problem for me, plus I'm a little guy so a smaller body is best for me. Thanks! :bassist:

5. fastplant

fastplant

Sep 26, 2002
    Connecticut
    Looks like it's gonna have to wait, none of the stores by me have them in stock, but they say they can get them by Friday.

6. willrwilli

willrwilli

Jul 15, 2002
    Hey that might be a blessing in disguise. Have you checked out the limited addition Bleached
    Blonde version of the thumb bolt on? I have not played one, but it is one stunning bass. It might be worth checking out.

7. ga_edwards

ga_edwards

Sep 8, 2000
    UK, Essex
    Have you seen the price of that one. It adds on an extra $600....kerching

...and it's only in 4 string format

8. yoshi

yoshi

Jul 12, 2002
    England, London
  9. fastplant

fastplant

Sep 26, 2002
    Connecticut
    Thanks, but I'm gonna need to finance at least part of it. So, I know you'll all hate me for this, but Guitar Center is ordering one for me that will come int this weekend. He tried to swindle me a bit over the phone saying that he'd add in a gig bag for $100 more. So I told him that I knew they came with the bass and are not more, and I mentioned the wax and tool kit and he started becoming a lot more reasonable, plus I'm going to trade in an Ibanez SR505 too.

10. fastplant

fastplant

Sep 26, 2002
    Connecticut
    Found out I'm getting it on Sunday, I'm pretty psyched right now, I've wanted this bass for like 6 years. Anything I should look out for either basswise or music salesmanwise?

11. Sahbiot

Sahbiot

Aug 28, 2002
    Australia, Sydney
    if you haven't paid for it yet, make sure you bargin the price down until he's angry.

12. fastplant

fastplant

Sep 26, 2002
    Connecticut
    Hehe, planning on it! I even have other ads to challenge their price match guarantee!!

13. jasonbraatz

jasonbraatz

Oct 18, 2000
    Oakland, CA
    make sure you fire off an email to bass northwest and bass central to get price quotes from them. they seem to have some of the best warwick pricing around.

14. fastplant

fastplant

Sep 26, 2002
    Connecticut
    I'll do that, thanks!

15. Ben Mishler

Ben Mishler

Jan 22, 2003
    San Jose
    Cool, if that is your cup of tea, go for it.

16. fastplant

fastplant

Sep 26, 2002
    Connecticut
    Ok, I'm picking it up today, I actually decided on the neck through. I played both and I think it's worth it to get the neck through rather than the bolt on. Just seems like a better bass. Anyway, does anyone have any suggestions on negotiating the price?? Thanks

17. Have you got it yet?

Pics, pics, pics.

All the best with it

Matthew

18. fastplant

fastplant

Sep 26, 2002
    Connecticut
    Haha, not yet, I'm picking it up after work. Trust me I'll be right on here afterwards. I'll have some pics real soon.

19. Jason Carota

Jason Carota Gold Supporting Member

Mar 1, 2002
    Lowell, MA
    Hmm...

1. Ditch work (claiming G.A.S. as a legitimate illness.)
    2. Pick up bass
    3. Take and post pics on TB.

C'mon, fastplant. PRIORITIZE!! ;) :)