Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Think you've blown a tweeter? Maybe not.

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by ghindman, Feb 19, 2006.

1. ghindman

ghindman

Feb 10, 2006
    So, I've been struggling with a fuzzed/distortion problem in my Avatar B210 for the last month or so. I'd isolated the problem to the tweeter, and just assumed that I'd blown the diaphram at some point. In one of the other threads here, I ran across a reference to the diaphram getting dirty over time, so I got out my trusty can of compressed air, blew the sucker out, and the fuzz is gone.

Just thought I'd pass this along in case anyone else also jumps to the wrong conclusion. A $5.00 can of air is cheaper than a new tweeter. This'll be on my list of basic maintenance for the future.

2. I am having my own problems with a fuzzy/distorted avatar tweeter, this one's in as 212. I'll buy the air and try your remedy. In any event, thanks for posting your findings; it just may be the thing.

3. ogrossman

ogrossman

May 20, 2006
    Minneapolis, MN
    Can you accomplish the same thing by taking the tweeter apart and checking for dirt?