Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Think You've had a bad day? poll

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by menialtaskguapo, Jun 23, 2004.

1. I would!

6 vote(s)
    27.3%
  2. no, I'd rather not

8 vote(s)
    36.4%
  3. I might, but it depends on how naked I am or how much blood

3 vote(s)
    13.6%
  4. I would, just not in a greatly populated area

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. I would, as long as nobody I know sees me

1 vote(s)
    4.5%
  6. I might, if i were drunk or stoned enough to

2 vote(s)
    9.1%
  7. I would if everybody else were doing it

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. I would if it werent my own blood that spilled

2 vote(s)
    9.1%
  1. sry, i just had to do it :D

2. Sonorous

Sonorous

Oct 1, 2003
    Denton, TX
    I might, if i were drunk or stoned enough to

3. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    Been there, done that. I broadsided a speeding pickup truck (with drunken driver) on my motorcycle with my brother riding on the back. It resulted in an open fracture of my right femur and severed patellar tendon, not to mention the concussion, internal injuries, abrasions, contusions and lacerations. I lost 4 pints of blood on the street, and they had to cut my pants off to put on the air splint. I spent the next five months in the hospital. My brother got skinned up a little, and spent one night in the hsospital. It was a laugh riot!

4. didn't mean to offend you, man

5. Eyescream

Eyescream

Feb 4, 2004
    Knoxville, TN
    You probably didn't. I get the feeling that that's just how he posts. :D

Also, I think it's commonly accepted method to have something about carrots as a poll option around here.

6. Sonorous

Sonorous

Oct 1, 2003
    Denton, TX
    How many quarts is 4 pints?

7. Eyescream

Eyescream

Feb 4, 2004
    Knoxville, TN
    At least 30 or so.

8. Adam Barkley

Adam Barkley Mayday!

Aug 26, 2003
    Jackson, MS
    nope. close.

9. Mudfuzz

Mudfuzz

Apr 3, 2004
    WA...
    Bored are we?

10. Munjibunga

May 6, 2000
    [jack nicholson]
    Offend me? You can't offend me, son!
    [/jack nicholson]

It's an event that happened 35 years ago. No big deal now, but a laugh riot then.

11. Sonorous

Sonorous

Oct 1, 2003
    Denton, TX
    No. 2.

EDIT: Which is a lot, a person usually has about 5 or 6 quarts of blood in them.

12. Eyescream

Eyescream

Feb 4, 2004
    Knoxville, TN
    Oh, I was pretty close, then.:D

13. Josh Ryan

Josh Ryan - that dog won't hunt, Monsignor. Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 24, 2001
    1)got T-boned by a jackass in a speeding chevette. the fireman said if he had hit me inches closer to the drivers side I'd have been toast. I lost a good bit of blood as my head pushed through the windshield; actually split my eyelid in half without touching my eye. I only lost a shirt though, kept my pants.
    2)
    My high school bus flipped over the guard rail on rt.3 south (Boston to Cape). I was fine but for the bruises and many, many tiny shards of glass stuck everywhere. I lost my shirt and jacket, but again kept my pants. We were all literally dripping blood though. I had my first date with my wife that night.

I voted yes on sleeping naked in public, ;) but I'd like to skip the blood part. I've been soaked in blood in public enough.

14. really, who uses cups and pints anyways??

amen to the metric system

and damn the person who thought measuring things should be harder in America :spit:

15. yeah i was in a schoolbus accident also, bus driver had a heart attack, went to left side of road, hit a good many mailboxes, oversteered only to make the bus barrelroll of a 8 foot high embankment. I was about 9. Lucky, though, besides losing consciousness during it, i walked away with only a broken collarbone, and i was one of the few wounded to the point of breaking something

no clothes lossage involved.....unfortunately...... :D

16. Josh Ryan

Josh Ryan - that dog won't hunt, Monsignor. Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 24, 2001
    Our driver fell asleep. He told the police he was able to "control the flipping" down the hill. My friend wanted to kill him but his knee was to screwed up.

17. Munjibunga

May 6, 2000
    Two quarts. About one-third of my blood.

More of story. I was in the Marines at the time, and when I got transferred to Balboa Naval Hospital, amazingly, an old high school buddy of mine was in the bed next to me ... he had been shot up in Viet Nam. So his sister, who is about a year younger, came to visit him, saw me, and just about fainted. Turns out, she was a nurse's aide at the hospital I was originally transported to, and was in the ER when they brought me in. She said I was the bloodiest person she had ever seen.

OK. Now a few years later, I was out of the Marines and attending the local community college, and started dating this hippie chick who lived in a big communal three-story house with her sister and a bunch of other hippies and beatniks. So one day I go over to her house, and on the way to her pad up on the third floor I see a guy sitting in this big chair, and it turned out to be another high school buddy of mine. Guess what. His father was the surgeon who reconstructed my leg and knee.

Finally, I ultimately started dating another girl from the community college and ended up marrying her. I transferred to the university, but she was taking nursing classes at the community college. So she was always talking about this guy named Stanton at school, and said we had to go down to his house at the beach and "hang out." (That's "party" to you whipper-snappers.) So we groove down there and go to the door, and who shows up? Stanton, who was the administrative person who made all the doctor's appointments at Naval Hospital when I was in there.

What was also weird is that a very good high school buddy of mine showed up in the hospital while I was in rehab. He had a head-on collision after he got out of the Marines, and had a severely fractured skull, so bad it completely re-shaped his head and rendered him unrecognizeable. (Talk about ironic ... his job in 'Nam? Door gunner on a CH-53. Do some research on the life expectancy of those guys.) Anyway, I visited him every day, but he was in a coma, and every day the nurses told me he wouldn't make it through the next night. Well, he's still alive, (after 35 years) but seriously brain damaged and blind. Every once and a while I go and pick him up and we go to breakfast.

Now, I don't live in a small town (about 2 million population), so these coincidences were not likely to happen.There are people who believe that we choose our lives and everybody in them before we are born ... it's a reincarnation sort of thing. You pick your parents, friends, and major events in your life, then come down and live under those parameters. Seems like everybody wanted to be in on this one.

18. Munjibunga

May 6, 2000
  19. Eyescream

Eyescream

Feb 4, 2004
    Knoxville, TN
    Now that, my man, is a helluva story.

Incidentally, I've been told that the average life expectancy of a door gunner on one of those Huey slicks was around 90 seconds (but I'm not at all sure how they came to get that number, since it's not apparent to me when the stopwatch starts or stops on something like that). No idea about Chinook gunners, but I imagine that it's probably close.