1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

thinkin about getting a Jack Casady

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by BassGreaser, May 6, 2010.

1. BassGreaser

BassGreaser

Aug 22, 2002
    Austin, TX
    So I've been kicking around the idea of getting a JC bass for the past few years... what are the +'s and -'s of this bass?

2. I just got one in a trade, i trade a bass i got for 425$ for a mint jack with matching case so i was getting a pretty good deal.

Its a nice bass the notes really ring out i am guessing due to the fact its a hollowbody, i really enjoy it but i need to work on the neck dive.

3. tb420

tb420

Sep 23, 2008
    FWIW,
    Steve Azola was selling one for like $350 with a Kent Armstrong pickup down in the La Mesa area. What part of North County are you in btw?

4. screaminglucy

screaminglucy

Jul 20, 2009
    TX, USA
    Pro:
    lightweight
    sounds great
    well made

con:
    neck dive
    chunky neck

IMO of course

5. BassGreaser

BassGreaser

Aug 22, 2002
    Austin, TX
    I'm in Escondido.. I'm all over that bass if it's still for sale!

6. tb420

tb420

Sep 23, 2008
    Oh cool, I practice in Escondido every Monday (off East Valley Pkwy and Washington).

I have his email if you want, but he's a member here on TB.

7. BassGreaser

BassGreaser

Aug 22, 2002
    Austin, TX
    this is the same Steve Azola the bass builder right.. if so He is a long time friend. I'll just have to give him a call:D

8. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    I thought Steve was up in Ramona.

9. tb420

tb420

Sep 23, 2008
    Ya, Steve, I don't know why I thought it was Dave haha.

Your probably right Munjibunga, I don't even know the guys name, how can I remember where he lives :D

10. BassGreaser

BassGreaser

Aug 22, 2002
    Austin, TX
    Steve or Jill if you see this I want that bass :hyper:

11. I picked up a Jack Casady to fumble with in a GC once, just to say I played something else besides what they usually sell. I was quite amazed at how good this bass sounded. First time I had played a bass with flats too. Good bass IMO.

12. BassGreaser

BassGreaser

Aug 22, 2002
    Austin, TX
    yeah I'm really looking for a JC in the black finish. I love hollowbody basses.. I might just sell my custom pbass I built to buy one

13. ad9000

ad9000 Supporting Member

Mar 30, 2004
    Leucadia, CA
  14. BassGreaser

BassGreaser

Aug 22, 2002
    Austin, TX
    NICE! PMed you!

15. This thread made me go play mine, so while on break i just gotta say its a great bass i really like mine. I would never pay the full 130$ epiphone wants for the case, the case is not very solid looking to me

Mine is black :)

16. BassGreaser

BassGreaser

Aug 22, 2002
    Austin, TX
    well I'm still looking and I'm willing to trade my custom Pbass for one! so if anyone has one they want to trade lets make a deal:D