Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Thinkin about ordering a Kustom Groovebass 1200

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Marley's Ghost, Mar 8, 2006.

1. Marley's Ghost

Marley's Ghost Gold Supporting Member

Feb 9, 2002
    Tampa, FL
    After reading the mostly positive reviews and factoring in the ultra low price, I think I am gonna order one. Care to talk me out of it? Or into it? With my 2 4ohm Avatars, I should have tons of headroom! :cool:

2. hondo8671

hondo8671

Apr 22, 2004
    Sounds like a sweet rig!!!! Go for it!!! ive had my 1200hd head for about 6 months no problems and lots of tone!!!:)

Cirrus 4 redwood
    Kustom 1200hd
    Ampeg 410hlf

3. GSPLBASSDC

GSPLBASSDC

Jan 25, 2005
    Phoenix, AZ
    Best decision I've made... have 2 - 4 ohm cabs (2x10 and 2x12) and this baby kicks!!!

Where I live, the other church bassist's like to fellowship at my church to play thru the rig (they usually have 150 watt combos and love to stand in front of my tower)

4. GSPLBASSDC

GSPLBASSDC

Jan 25, 2005
    Phoenix, AZ
    Congrats!!!!! Can't wait to hear the reviews!!!

5. Quadzilla

Quadzilla Supporting Member

Hated mine!!!!!!!! Just kidding. It was a great head. BIG bang for the buck. For the money (new) it can't be beat!

6. GSPLBASSDC

GSPLBASSDC

Jan 25, 2005
    Phoenix, AZ
    Funny guy.....IIRC, YOU, my friend, were the biggest proponent of the GB 1200. I know of at least 10 people that have bought one as a result of your recommendations (me included). I'm sure that each one of us has spawned more devotees.

7. Marley's Ghost

Marley's Ghost Gold Supporting Member

Feb 9, 2002
    Tampa, FL
    It is kinda funny tho that Quad just unloaded it after praising it to the skies! :eyebrow:

8. Quadzilla

Quadzilla Supporting Member

:) I still think it's a GREAT head and it can't be beat for the $500 range for a new head. I was just ready for a change (I change my gear frequently). I actually held onto the Groove Bass for longer than most heads (had it for several months).