1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Thinkin' about starting a band...

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by SpankyPants, Sep 20, 2008.

1. SpankyPants

SpankyPants That's Mr. SpankyPants to you.

Aug 24, 2006
    Brooklyn, NY
    With just a mouth harp and a tambourine.

Maybe a harmonica too?

I've already compiled a list of prospective names... But I'll need to run 'em by the Tambourinist(?) first.

Thoughts?

2. Bard2dbone

Bard2dbone

Aug 4, 2002
    Arlington TX
    Some friends and I were talking about a bagpipes-Chapman Stick-orchestral harp- banjo combo.

Nothing ever came of it.

3. EricF

EricF Habitual User

Sep 26, 2005
    Pasadena, CA
    Tambourine, mouth harp, and a harmonica....WITH LASERS!!! :D

4. fenderhutz

fenderhutz Supporting Member

Jan 28, 2007
    Harpers Ferry WV
    Can I play the Jaw Harp? My WV genes predetermine my vastly large Jaw Harp skills.

My genetic make-up also allows me to play the jug and washboard with ease as well for future expansion.

5. MakiSupaStar

MakiSupaStar The Lowdown Diggler

Apr 12, 2006
    Huntington Beach, CA
    Little known fact. Maki is a ripping harmonica player. Hit me up now we live by each other.

6. SpankyPants

Aug 24, 2006
    Brooklyn, NY
    Dude, I've got a Mouth Harp in the key of A... and I'll let the girl use the tambo.

All of our songs will have to written in A, but I'm okay with that.

Maybe we can find a banjo, too? I'm down with jugs. (And I'm not talking about tittays, but I'm down with those too.)

7. Jared Lash

Jared Lash Born under punches

Aug 21, 2006
    Denver, CO
    I can play the banjo. One of my friends found one in her attic and gave it to me last year.

At the moment my repertoire is limited to a dozen Rage Against the Machine songs, the theme from Deliverance and half of Stairway to Heaven, but I could learn more if needed.

8. SpankyPants

Aug 24, 2006
    Brooklyn, NY
    You'll have a long way to go for the gigs, man. But I guess we could do that thing where you send the audio file all over, and everyone records their own part.

9. Jared Lash

Jared Lash Born under punches

Aug 21, 2006
    Denver, CO
    I'll just mail you tapes and you can put them in a miked boombox. The boombox will probably have more stage presence than me anyway.

10. MakiSupaStar

MakiSupaStar The Lowdown Diggler

Apr 12, 2006
    Huntington Beach, CA
    LMAO :D Tempted to sig this.

11. while your at it, add a whamola to fill out the bottom end