Thinking about 50-100w tube heads options

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by monsterthompson, Jun 19, 2017.

1. BassOnTheSide

BassOnTheSide Guest

Nov 14, 2011
    \
    Great suggestions so far. A couple lighter weight options that I really like:

-EBS Classic T90: Hard to find any more, but a really awesome amp. Don't plan to ever sell mine.
    -Traynor YBA200-2: Out of your desired wattage range, but breaks up early with a really great grindy tube tone, which it seems you might be looking for. I have since sold both, but I liked the YBA200 better than the YBA300 for tone.

monsterthompson likes this.
  2. twinfallsbass

twinfallsbass Supporting Member

Jan 24, 2005
    Somewhere in AZ
    I second this. LOVE my EBS T90. GREAT tone and not very heavy at all for a tube amp. They are rare, but they come up from time to time here or on ebay.

3. B-line

B-line Inactive

Consider this:

The head, I mean. Ashdown CTM-100. Very overlooked IMO.
    2xKT88; plenty loud, clean and/or o'd, lots of eq.
    I like it w/ a 115 as shown.

YMMV.
    Ashdown rig.JPG

4. madmanmerc

madmanmerc

May 11, 2015
    I have the pf50t and it sounds amazing. Sometimes you just have to hear it live because videos on a phone just cant do an amp justice

lowplaces likes this.
  5. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Sep 21, 2021