1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Thinking about a Bad Ass V

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by Stewbass, Apr 11, 2009.

1. Stewbass

Stewbass

Dec 25, 2008
    Los Angeles, CA
    Hey everyone,
    I haven't been liking my MIM Jazz V's dinky bridge. My MIA P has a 2-tek... so I am pretty sure I like HMB's. I've heard a lot of mixed things about BAII bridges but the ones I've played have been really good. One of the things I really don't like about the bass itself is the floppy B. I read somewhere that Leo Quan makes a bridge that is supposed to help remedy that?
    I was just wondering if I should get the BAII, if so which model? It looks like there are a few options on the Leo Quan website... even though I heard Leo isn't doing too good, and his bridges have been discontinued.
    Is this even the best bridge I can get for the bass? If it isn't by all means let me know your opinions. I want a more "modern" sound out of the bass.
    Thanks,
    Stew

2. Stewbass

Stewbass

Dec 25, 2008
    Los Angeles, CA
    *bump*

3. Stewbass

Stewbass

Dec 25, 2008
    Los Angeles, CA
    yet another *bump*

4. jazzbasso7

jazzbasso7

Jun 1, 2009
    i have a badass on my 4 string jazz and my marcus miller 5 and love them,to me they
    are the best!

5. DanRJBrasil

DanRJBrasil

Jun 10, 2007
    nice question i wonder that too

6. I really like my BAII on my Fender Bullet, really lets the strings sustain and gives you a nice attack too, so I guess in the respect your bass sounds less muted it does sound a bit more modern. As for the floppy B string though have you tried heavier strings?

7. Stewbass

Stewbass

Dec 25, 2008
    Los Angeles, CA
    yea, i have tried many kinds of heavier strings, but to be frank, i just don't like the sound of them in comparison to the other strings. i want to use an even sounding set of strings without worrying about a ridiculously floppy B. I am definitely going for a more modern sound tho.

8. You considered trying to get a custom set from your music shop? I think there are a few manufacturers willing to sell custom sets now, then you can just get a slightly heavier B and that should remedy the problem a little.

9. Stewbass

Stewbass

Dec 25, 2008
    Los Angeles, CA
    I am gonna look into that. Thanks so much for the reply! I think I am gonna go for the Badass V too though.