Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

thinking about a briefcase (samsonite, i was way off)

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Jherrera, Jul 22, 2005.

1. Jherrera

Jherrera Guest

Sep 25, 2004
    I recently purchased an BSX electric upright which is the most awesomest sounding thing in the world and highly recommend Dino's basses to anyone looking for an electric upright however my GK backline combo is far to "aggressive" for it and i recently played my bass through a hartke combo and it sounded awesome. Dino recomend the Phil Jones briefcase amp but the two 5ivers seem like not enough to play in any type of situation involving other unless its "unplugged." Has anyone used these? what's the verdict on them. also i have a way old school (80's like) peavey head and another wayt old school fender cab that i play through sometimes when i feel like dragging it around, would i be able to plug the cab into thge briefcase and if so what shbould be the power crap that i dont understand at all on the back of the cab so as not to destroy something costly.

Thank you,
    Julian