1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

thinking about a dimarzio dp127 split p pickup

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by NateRising, Sep 9, 2008.

1. NateRising

NateRising

Sep 2, 2008
    i'm thinking about getting a dimarzio split p PU. i've read a lot of good reviews on them and i like the idea of 2 humbuckers in the the form of a p pickup. is there anyone that has used them that has an opinion? are there any other similar pickups out there that might be as good or better?

2. praisegig

praisegig Supporting Member

Jul 7, 2008
    Stephenville, TX
    I've got a set in my Pbass, and I like their sound. I like the blade design, good low end with nice mids to highs. I think there is a more equalization between the blade vs the posts. I am using 250k pots and a .068uf cap. But, YMMV with MHO.

3. Fretlessboy

Fretlessboy

Nov 29, 2007
    St Augustine Florida
    Endorsing artist GENZ BENZ/HERCULES STANDS/XSonics
    They are really cool pickupsand no fade if you bend a lot.

4. JFace

JFace

Apr 17, 2008
    Columbus, OH
    I've got one in my P/J bass. Captures the P tone very well, while keeping things clean and clear. It's super loud compared to the J. Noiseless as well. The adjustable poles are nifty, too.

5. 4stringrob

4stringrob

Jul 16, 2008
    Detroit, MI
    I had one and liked it a lot. I only sold it because I got one of those Delano MM-pole piece P pickups. I'll probably own a Split-P again some day,