1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Thinking about an all inclusive caribbean resort vacation

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Stinsok, Oct 3, 2013.

1. Stinsok

Stinsok Supporting Member

Dec 16, 2002
    Central Alabama
    Anyone have a recommendation?

2. 6jase5

6jase5 Mammogram is down but I'm working manually

Dec 17, 2007
    San Diego/LA
    Club Med Turks & Caicos is ok, but an old hotel. I'd give it a 2.5 out of 5. It's the only Club Med I've gone to.

Sandals is the place to go and never disappoints - couples only. A group of us are going to Grenada in April as they are opening a new one in December. It will be amazing as every new one is better than the last. My friends, frequent Sandals visitors, have been to a bunch so if you take a look and want an opinion just IM me. I've only seen a few.

If you like top shelf liquor, best accommodations and great food, go for Sandals. If you want low end liquor and average food (plus some cheesy shows), but it's all about the beach to you anyway, go to Club Med.

3. Stinsok

Stinsok Supporting Member

Dec 16, 2002
    Central Alabama
    This will be our 25th anniversary. Just us, no kids (and don't want to see any kids there!)

4. jondog

jondog

Mar 14, 2002
    NYC metro area
    I forget the name of the one I went to in Jamaica, because I didn't enjoy it. It wasn't a cheap one. Since we already paid for everything there we had no incentive to leave. But it got boring there after 3 days. They played Marley's greatest hits over and over at the pool. Non-stop. It was like there were NO other reggae songs ever recorded. One night the band was good, the other nights other bands sucked. It was like the entertainment booker knew we weren't going anywhere and probably couldn't tell the difference anyway so he booked his buddies instead of talented bands. When we went out to eat it was like we were paying twice, once for the all inclusive resort paid in advance, plus whatever we got when we were out. On top of that, going out of the resort showed just how affluent vacationers are and just how disadvantaged regular Jamaicans are. We did see one good band up the beach. Most people were nice but there were two specific times I thought we were going to be robbed. It was REALLY bad when we went to the marketplace set up to sell stuff to cruise ship passengers when there was no ship in port. No other customers were there but us. People were desperate to sell us something. Anything. Desperate. There is nothing like buying a souvenir shot glass from one guy and feeling the "why didn't you buy my shot glass" stare from 40 other vendors. I'm sorry everybody, I'm not buying 40 shot glasses today...

5. BawanaRik

BawanaRik

Mar 6, 2012
    New Jersey
    I usually stay with the natives. It's a more real experience.

The DR hotel Mercure is good and you're 5 minutes from the beach

6. my cousin just did sandals in the bahamas i believe for her honeymoon, nothing but great things to say about it.

7. Phalex

Phalex Semper Gumby Supporting Member

Oct 3, 2006
    G.R. MI
    Sandals is a good time!

I went to Grand Turk on a cruise a month or so ago, and it's a nice beach, but not much else.