1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Thinking about an EQ pedal to use with my Mesa M6

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Bjazzman, Jan 13, 2012.

1. Bjazzman

Bjazzman

Dec 7, 2004
    Madison WI
    i don't really want to sell my M6 to get an M9 but im thinking it would be useful to have the extra eq in certain situations.

here are a few pedals i thought might be good:

mxr 10 band
    source audio
    empress para eq
    boss
    whirlwind

those are the only ones that come to mind. did anyone here add and eq pedal to their m6 rig?

2. newbold

newbold

Sep 21, 2008
    Toronto
    i tend to think that the compressor feature would be more important on the M9...but inline EQ would be great for playing different rooms.

I personally prefer parametrics but any eq with a gain control would probably work just fine.

Here's to rackmounted eq and compressor 2 in 1's that would bring you to the featureset of the M9.

3. How about a rackmount 31 band eq? Im sure you could do a little notching with that....

4. Bjazzman

Bjazzman

Dec 7, 2004
    Madison WI
    My thought is that I could get more out of the eq pedal than just using it for the amp. I'm thinking it could also be used in conjunction with my other effects. I already have a talc compressor pedal so I'm set on that

I'm leaning towards the whirlwind or mxr because they have the lowest eq points. Although I like the form factor of the source audio the best

5. Ukiah Bass

Ukiah Bass Supporting Member

May 10, 2006
    Love my Empress ParaEQ, very flexible and easy to use. the variable Q settings are invaluable.