Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Thinking about Burns

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Evilash, Feb 24, 2005.

1. Evilash

Evilash

Mar 12, 2004
    I'm looking at getting a new bass. I"m really thinking about getting a Burns Marquee. Anyone out there have one of these? Are they any good or should i just save up a little more and get a Ric? Thanks

2. A9X

A9X

Dec 27, 2003
    Sinny, Oztraya
    I have a white marquee and I like it. It's decently made, sounds good in it's own way ie it's not a std P or J tone but can get close enough to a J, has a decent variety of tones some unique, the neck is very stable for a 1 pce maple unit (and fast) and for what I paid for it good value. I also has a unique look that people love or hate. I think it looks really cool, and I usually hate basses with pickguards. I'm also big on 32" scale basses.

Down here (oz) they're about 40% of the price of a new Ric so you'd have to do a lot of extra saving for the difference. Been a long time since I've had a Ric in my hands so I dunno what to say about a comparison.

Mine is actually on my 'to sell' list, not because I don't like it, but because it doesn't get used much as I have other's in my collection I prefer more and I want to use the funds for something else.

Best bet is to try one out and see if you like it.

3. Evilash

Evilash

Mar 12, 2004
    Thanks for that great reply. There are no shops in my general area that sell them, so I'm making a road trip to the DC area and checking them out this weekend.A 3 1/2 hour drives not that bad.

4. A9X

A9X

Dec 27, 2003
    Sinny, Oztraya
    Be interested to hear what you think of it after playing one.