Thinking about buying an RBI, Convince me! :)

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Plus, Jul 20, 2005.

1. So I'm moving back to the big city (London, Ontario) in September for my second year at University and I'm desperately craving an RBI. Right now all I have is my amazing Jazz Bass, a Behringer Euro1500 (please no mean comments about it) and Yorkville 2x10 and 1x15 cabs. That's right, no preamp section. :bawl:

I'm hoping once I'm back in a bigger city I'll be able to join some sort of band and maybe gig and I know I need a preamp section if I want any semblance of good tone. I'm leaning towards the RBI as I've heard lots of good stuff about the BDDI and I'm a big Rush fan and I know Geddy uses one.

So should I do it? I can get one for $395 Canadian including taxes and shipping, or should I go after something else that might be better bang for the buck?
  2. Go to the amps section and do a search. There is a stupid amount of information out there.

But here's my opinion: I own the floor model and used to own the rack model. I don't use the floor model anymore after I bought a fulltone bassdrive but that's because I was using the RBI as an overdrive and I feel the fulltone is just the best bass overdrive out there. I think the RBI as a preamp is very user friendly and gig friendly. If you can check it out you should before buying. Also go to and listen to some clips of it. Then you can see if this is what sound you are after.